Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
kcsunshine said:
What's wound around the space heater - the other cat, or the other blanket? Keep yourself warm, that cat has on a fur coat!
Edited to fix my dangling participle (yes, Miss Clayton, I remember your English Classes).
t'other kitteh :D

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
:frow Hey OFG! Oooops . . . I thought you were cutting cheese in the kitchen again. :lol: But I guess you are just dealing with obnoxious cold and blustery weather. I'm sorry to hear it! We had some strong wind with below freezing weather in early November and it was horrible. I've never seen that combination in the pacific northwest before. Yuck. Stay safe and warm! :) Smart of you to make dinner early. :D
hey DM!! ha ha ha ha did you see the blog post i did today about cheesemaking or were you just teasin'!?!?
http://adventuresinthegoodland.blogspot.com/2011/02/what-you-need-to-make-cheese-glorious.html

good to see ya, baby!

AL - while i loves ya... ohmigosh.. our temps fell 8* in the 20mins i was talking with my sister this morning. so i'll try and work up some sympathy. BUT i'm sorry for the damage at your place. so far so good here.

Don't hate us because we live in the sunny south! cool
grumble grumble grumble grumble grumble grumble grumble grumble grumble grumble grumble grumble grumble grumble grumble

ha!

so far so good - except for some flickers we still have power. which is really good b/c some of the folks wont get their lights back on until FRIDAY. i feel kinda bad for them folks who didnt even run out and get the supplies for their french toast emergency!

still snowing.. sheesh!

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Feb sure is weird so far. Yesterday went up to about 40 (briefly) with sustained winds of 20-30 mph and gusts to 40 mph. The wind almost pushed me over.
About 10 pounds of extra clothing was not quite enough to stay warm in either. Our wind chill was bouncing around from the teens to Minus 5 degrees. :hide
Snowed sideways all day, but I doubt any even landed in this county! Somebody is gonna have lots of shovelin' to do wherever that wind finally dropped it. I hope they can just hibernate a week or two.

Wind finally calmed down and today is bright with a high of 32 degrees. Come on summer!!!!! I really miss you.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
Come on summer!!!!! I really miss you.
aint that right, DL!

remember when it was summer and everyone was happy? *sigh*

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
ha ha ha ha ha! it must be your new mommy-intuition! ha! or i just cant get over my own stupid jokes
;-)

cheat sheet? oh golly.... action, adventure, intrigue, pig killin', bad MIL, cats cats cats, dogs dogs dogs... foolishness, skulduggery, various and sundry crazy ridiculousness...

you know, same same.

;-)
ps we got a puppy! her name is Kai and she is adorable.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Yay puppy! Cute name too! I like it. What breed or mix is she?

We are getting a puppy too!!!!!!!!!!! Finally! I just ordered the book you recommended to me about training dogs! :D We found Great Pyrenees puppies! Yay!

Oh! Oh! I want the dish on the MIL!!!! I've got my own MIL issues. Hee hee. I like MIL stories. :) Remember what page they were on? Or are they on your blog?

Well, I may have mommy intuition, but it might also be base humor. ;) Both equally important when you have a little rug rat. :)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Bethanial said:
pssst - AL!!! I don't think they want to hear about our lowly 8 degree drop in temp. 'Specially when that means the temps are in the 50's instead of the 60's! :lol:

Don't hate us because we live in the sunny south! :cool:
:rant