Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
At this point, it is probably financially a good idea to just keep him another season rather than getting another buckling. I'll be breeding the same gals and selling all his offspring this year, so I don't need new genetics. But if an offer comes along, he's outa here! I've had two people ask for pics this month, but it is the slow season.

We will be putting up a buck pen with an 8' fence this spring so there will be no more accidental breedings (in theory! :rolleyes: ) and no more 4' crusty snow escapes.... in theory! We are going to do this whether Dorian stays or goes. I think it will be two levels of cattle panels. If that is not Fort Knox, I give up! :p

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
freemotion said:
At this point, it is probably financially a good idea to just keep him another season rather than getting another buckling. I'll be breeding the same gals and selling all his offspring this year, so I don't need new genetics. But if an offer comes along, he's outa here! I've had two people ask for pics this month, but it is the slow season.

We will be putting up a buck pen with an 8' fence this spring so there will be no more accidental breedings (in theory! :rolleyes: ) and no more 4' crusty snow escapes.... in theory! We are going to do this whether Dorian stays or goes. I think it will be two levels of cattle panels. If that is not Fort Knox, I give up! :p
Well, maybe Daisy will get to meet him next year after all. She is a huge fat pig. I can't believe she didn't make it to 80 lbs!

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What the heck happened to our warm spring weather that was forecasted? It's 40 degrees and raining at my house :/ Hope the rest of you in OH have something better.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
60 here >.>

Work offered the day off (we're all taking turns leaving to help us all from getting laid off) so I took the day off and just took a 3 mile walk LOL. It's great out. So now when I'm trapped inside by snow next week I won't mind ;)

No clue what the forecast is. Just the Colorado assumption for late Feb.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
i was just outside and there was BIRDS CHEEPING AND PEEPING! just like spring! real birds out there singing the morning! i'm so excited!

and i'm going outside again in a bit. all day. no inside. for nothin.

oh and since we were talking about cheese...here is one of the goudas i made. it worked!

there's no stopping me now. i'm gonna be a cheese making fool! whooot! (and yes i'm going to cut the cheese too!)

http://adventuresinthegoodland.blogspot.com/2011/02/i-made-cheese-then-i-cut-it.html

:)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
How is your outside today?

we have misty nasty rain damp and chilly :sick

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
i was just outside and there was BIRDS CHEEPING AND PEEPING! just like spring! real birds out there singing the morning! i'm so excited!

and i'm going outside again in a bit. all day. no inside. for nothin.

oh and since we were talking about cheese...here is one of the goudas i made. it worked!

there's no stopping me now. i'm gonna be a cheese making fool! whooot! (and yes i'm going to cut the cheese too!)

http://adventuresinthegoodland.blogspot.com/2011/02/i-made-cheese-then-i-cut-it.html

:)
I woke up to that same noise! It was awesome! Of course it looks like we have something cold and nasty and dark coming over the mountains, which means we have sunshine and warmth to the east and darkness and cold to the west :rolleyes:
Isn't weather fun! :D

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Gorgeous gouda, OFG! My run at gouda failed last year, but you have inspired me to try again.

I got my last batch of cheese wax at Field & Forest, a mushroom spawn company (you cover the spawn plugs with wax after tapping them into drilled holes in the logs), and it was WAY cheaper than anywhere else. Of course, it came in one huge block, not nice, little slices that others sell, but for the price, I'll happily hack a hunk off with a hatchet! And it is clear.