Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Hey, your chicken on your blog sure is confused! Do I see rounded hackle feathers AND a nice set of saddle feathers??? I'll tentatively say roo.....

And how are the goat ladies doing lately? Any pip-poppin' yet?

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
hey free! can you believe it time to tap!?!? we are going to miss it again also... unless.. hum...

nope. got my hands full. plus i know a guy who taps and hasnt had good luck with honey soo... ha ha ha ha

and wouldnt you know it...i went outside today and heard a rooster.... and it was that blue one! drat. grrr.....

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So you got your answer. Darn.
Maple syrup sounds good. I saw a woman make maple syrup chicken gravy last night on Diners, Drive ins and Dives. Then she put it on top of fired chicken and waffles. I was fasting so you can imagine the :drool that happened and now I must replicate that dish. I just need a chicken...

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
apparently i got a roo for ya! ha!

man i was so mad. drat drat drat

the funny thing was that he was running around the yard last nite and neither one of us remembered to look for him/her when we shut the hen house door. so when i took the dogs out this morning i heard someone crowing.. and i hadnt let the hens out yet.... so we went running over there expecting it to be this long legged red roo...

but there stood the blue one. dang.

and of course.. there's the issue that Black Jack (our mature roo) um.. er.. that is... thinks the blue one is his special friend.

so we are gonna have rooster day soon and that will be that!

btw, for folks who dont know what we are talking about check out this beautiful blue-ish ROO:

http://adventuresinthegoodland.blogspot.com/2011/02/miss-blue-or-mr-noodles.html

drat!

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Bummer on the roo - but I'm with free...how are those goats of yours doing? Is the 4H kid sleeping over yet?

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
The wind blew so hard here yesterday hubby had to chase a double stainless steel sink across the backyard.....:lol:

Seriously....we had it laying next to the house, we salvaged it from another house and were going to make some sort of outdoor sink area for processing and it blew across the yard in all this dang wind. Hubby kept going outside every 30 minutes to check on the shingles on the house and I had to get up on the chicken house to nail back some that had blown loose...
Weather4.gif

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
What breed is Mr. Noodles? I don't recognize him at all! (not that that means much since I'm barely a year into chickens :) )

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
no new goats and now they arent even acting like they are pregnant! so i give up. hopefully Deb will be ready on her date - in another week or so.

Mr. Noodles is mutt chicken blend, Model #4
;-)

i'm guessing he's a blend of barred rock and buckeye, with a twist of light brahma.

lori, thats CRAZY! i think we are done with the wind now.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Well if they are not acting pregnant, just go run and errand and for sure when you come back they will be all delivered.

I hope you get some nice weather at least for your projects! We are having a sudden snow storm and they are predicting more for about a week.