Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
hold on.. i'm too busy peeing my pants to answer......
Well, when yer done pass the wipes over here cause I need them too.

Good thing I still have some pull ups left over from when little g needed them for bed time.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
* comes walking out onto front porch holding a paint brush and wearing some of glenolam's pull ups on her head, seein' as how Nifty has the big polka dotted granny panties *

G - thats a lot of shurd, for sure

so here's how its goin'

first i'm making progress on my kitchen shelves altho i've got paint on just about every cat we have. so they are all now banished to the bed room until i'm done. "No Nicholas you arent helping a bit"

then we did not have rooster day. at all.

but before all that - can i just get a collective "THANK HEAVENS" for Savingdogs??? ohmigosh are we lucking to have her around. I'M lucky to have her around... wow... she really talked me off the ledge yesterday. Thanks baby! we love you!!

so we took Dog#2 and a big sack o poo to the vet. $200, about an hr of our time, a couple of "dont you embarrass me here, dog", and one stern "no I'LL hold the pointy end - you stick with the belly, Dr Vet", and 2 Rx's later.......

turns out Lucky has......

cocci and raccoon worms.

before SD gave me a good shaking i thought he was gonna flop over dead. but no i think he's gonna make it. apparently actually getting raccoon worms is unusual so there was a bit of a hubbub.

but i talked to the vet this morning who confirmed that Dog#2s blood work is picture perfect and our dog is just "weird and wormy" and once we get another wormer or two, and a treatment for cocci (me: cant i just use corrid?" vet: no) we'll be just fine.

the good news is the vet is incredible. not only are they willing to work with us - they are willing to work with ME. and thats saying something. i've said it before - i tend to give vet's a run for their money and can quote chapter and verse with them. so our good vet knew that if we were taking our dog to the vet - and specifically TO HIM that we needed some pretty serious help. he's a great problem solver and took a lot of time for us to go thru all of the possibilities.

and they are NOT making us drive the hour+ back to their office to the get rest of the meds - they are calling the other Rx's into a local (to us) vet.

but

the electric in our vet's office went out and they are waiting for it to get turned back on and ALL of the local vet's info is in the 'puter.

hows THAT for a crazy day!?!!?

in the meantime i'm going on the murderous rampage and we will rid these parts of vermin if its the last thing i do.

i figure i'll round up Buster (cuz he's good with an axe) and SKR8PN (cuz he shoots stuff in the grass) and we'll saddle up and have ourselves a good old fashion raccoon shoot. i'm fixin to blast 'em all to kingdom come.

but for now i'm gonna finish up painting my shelves and wait for the electric to get turned back on so she can tell me where i'm going so i can drive into town AGAIN.

sheesh!

thats us. weird and wormy dog.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
raccoon worms? I thought I knew all the worms...

And guess what - the ducks have come back to the shelter. Apparently 39 degrees and pouring rain isn't good weather for anybody.

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
Sorry about your weird and wormy dog! What in blue blazes is a raccoon worm? Is that a worm with a little black mask? :idunno

And pick me!!! :ya DH just bought us a brand spankin new .22/45 Ruger pistol. :weee We're going shootin' tomorrow at the range and I'm gonna get some good practice in. Plus he got is .22 rifle fixed so it's as good as new. We're gonna bring some shotguns too, so I'll be a regular Annie Oakley when I leave the range! I can shoot some varmits for ya! :celebrate

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:ep

Geez....racoon worms, eh? Never heard of that either!

So, what, they're teeny tiny brown and black furry things that wear black goggles and only come out at night?

I would've asked if I could've used my DiMethox for the coccidia.

PS - Blue Mickey Mouse pull ups look FANTASIC on you!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
leave it to us to come with with a weirdo worm...... we dont call him Lucky for nothin!

at least it wasnt "elephant worms" or something... sheesh!

and yes aggieterpkatie, saddle up lets ride! whoooo hoooooot!

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Swing by...er, swim by my place while you all are out shootin vamints. There's a skunk been hanging around and I need to practice. I smelled it 2 days in a row :sick

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
At least Lucky had something that is fixable. I hope he gets better soon!

Get some good target practice in. ;)