Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
Dh and I were talking about raising up a buck kid for the freezer if we had one this year. Thing is, I have Oberhaslis so there wouldn't be much meat on it. I was thinking of looking for a boer kid, but I'm still undecided. We have lambs, so we may just stick with them.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Well I'm glad everything worked out with mamas liking their babies and everyone doing so well OFG. I was awful proud of Molly giving me two cups this morning until I hear you filled a BUCKET....maybe I need me a big goat barn to get ME some full sized goats.

WZ, those drakes were not cute at all when they were trying to kill one another and rape my muscovy hens repeatedly. Up until then we thought we would have trouble butchering the little darlins...but that kinda cured us real fast. I had one with a hurt wing they tried to attack and we just thought about her as the ax came down! Next time we will just think about that yummy breast.....

What would I NOT eat? Predators. Guess I read the Clan of the Cave Bear too many times.

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
Well I'm glad everything worked out with mamas liking their babies and everyone doing so well OFG. I was awful proud of Molly giving me two cups this morning until I hear you filled a BUCKET....maybe I need me a big goat barn to get ME some full sized goats.

WZ, those drakes were not cute at all when they were trying to kill one another and rape my muscovy hens repeatedly. Up until then we thought we would have trouble butchering the little darlins...but that kinda cured us real fast. I had one with a hurt wing they tried to attack and we just thought about her as the ax came down! Next time we will just think about that yummy breast.....

What would I NOT eat? Predators. Guess I read the Clan of the Cave Bear too many times.
See, with this, I wouldn't go out and hunt a predator, but if I was attacked, and managed to kill what was attacking me, I figure, might as well eat it :) At some point pretty much every predator becomes prey for something else, if nothing more than maggots :) why waste good meat and hide? plus, it's not very honorable to kill your opponent and then just leave them lying there.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
plus, it's not very honorable to kill your opponent and then just leave them lying there.
thats why you have to mount his head on a pike and stick it in the yard for all to see!

ha!

* thinks of stupid raccoons and bad foxes...and possums *

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
plus, it's not very honorable to kill your opponent and then just leave them lying there.
thats why you have to mount his head on a pike and stick it in the yard for all to see!

ha!

* thinks of stupid raccoons and bad foxes...and possums *
:gig :gig :gig

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I would probably give the carcass to my PET predators to consume (dog, cat).........no waste, they are carnivores.....

sekinkead

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
I would probably give the carcass to my PET predators to consume (dog, cat).........no waste, they are carnivores.....
I like this idea. Of course, I also like OFG's stick the head on a spike idea to....

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Not my idea....I copied this from the Clan of the Cave Bear, too....:lol:

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Maybe that's what happened to the pigs head!