Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
I agree the time change sucks! I wish we would just leave the clocks alone!
Yeppers. Pick a time and lets stick to it!!!

Now it's 630 and instead of having sunlight helping me wake up, it's completely dark.

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, I don't have to get up until the chickens do, which is daylight. I used to set my alarm for 6:30 - now it's 7:30 - thing is, I wake up earlier. It used to bother me when I worked and had to go by the clock instead of the sun.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Time change is killing me this year. Ack. But one good thing is that the animals are not raising a fuss for an hour before I get out there.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
OMG My supervisor let me come home and go back to bed without getting an absence. *love*

Post seizure hangover and I'm passing out now.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
time change causes me no problems
I don't even think about it LOL heck I learned the day after I had to change my clocks...haha

you thinkin' way too much...get outside :lol: :lol:

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I've been mulling over a book deal for OFG. I think we should share our funniest stories, and have her collect them into a novel about a ficticious character, who of course "gets the man" in the end of her "adventure in the country, proving she can morph herself into a self sufficient type"?

I think it would be the PERFECT way to showcase her humorous talent, using our story fodder to create a book.

It isn't as if you don't have enough story fodder on your OWN, OFG, but between us all we probably have enough tales to keep a series of books on the bestseller list. With the way my mother laughs at my stories, I could contribute a whole chapter!

Even in hard times, humor is important! But it could include how-to stuff as well, also very popular.

Very easy to market your own book on Kindle.......

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
I'M GETTING ANOTHER MILKER!!!!!

i'm so excited i'm so excited i'm so excited i'm so excited whoooot!

and here's the best part..... SHE'S FREE FREE FREE!

i cant wait - this weekend we are driving over to get her from our breeder friend who we got Vita from.

she's an older (7 yrs?) la mancha doe with a huge udder. she kidded about a week ago so she's ready for action.

our breeder friend has a LOT of goaties and is a little overwhelmed right now. so we are gonna take of his favorite gals for the summer - and then take her back in fall. just like we've done with Vita for the last couple of years. while we own Vita this gal is more like, 'on loan' but i'm thrilled.

he gets the kids - which he sells (the doelings) for a lot of $$$$ as his gals are all prize winning show girls.

whats the catch? nothing.

it just pays to be nice to people.

he's always said that Vita looks great when we bring her back - and so i think he trusts us.

this works out great for us. we dont really want or need the kids - we just want the milk. and he could use one less milker.....but wants the kids. so its a great arrangement.

i'm so happy i've been doing backflips all day (in the mud mud mud and more mud).

ohmigosh.

i'm gonna need a bigger milking bucket!

yipeeeee!!!!

all i can think about is all the cheese i'm gonna be able to cut all summer. once we reduce our dependence on foreign (store) cheese we'll save millions. or something like that. i'm gonna made a provolone, and a swiss, and a gouda - or like 50 goudas...

and we got the shots for Nibbles' babies done today. they squeaked.

so thats us. work work work and more work and dreams of free goats.

yay!
:)

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:th That is awesome. :weee
I find that I'm not really liking the kid part. They are cute, but I'm not getting any milk! And with this stupid weather I haven't been able to go out and play with them much. I might try to sell bottle babies next time. If there is a next time.