Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
First round is over for me. Just a little hail and a short thunderstorm so far.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
* peaks out from under enormous dog *

whew... i think its about safe now - wow what storm!

still kinda goin on out there but wow!

Bibbird - we've seen those .. i think they are kinda funny and you know that i love anything when there is a bar involved!

whooot!
;-)

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So far all we have gotten is rain. No thunder or anything. Not even a heavy downpour. I guess we are lucky so far. It is looking like the heavy nasty stuff passed north and south of us.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
i've been in shorts all day and now i'm going around closing all the windows - the temp has dropped ALOT. and its still really windy. yikes!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
and now its snowing.....

for heavens sakes.

the Niblets have the hang of the bottle thing. they are excited to see me but think i'm an udder. Stout bonked me trying to get more milk. it was extremely cute.

so i was going to work outside today but with the snow it looks like laundry for everyone today. and i need to finish up my cheese i started yesterday after the epic milk day.

Sunny ended up milking 22 cups yesterday - she didnt even bat an eye. she is a treasure and we are so lucky to have her.

we put the Milk Stealers back with Debbie after the storms and so she was empty in the evening. Nibbles was working on her Facebook page and couldnt be bothered to notice anyone was missing.

then there were the beez. the storm tumbled down the upper hive. it was in pieces and the frames were laying everywhere. my hubby grabbed his gear and raced up to try and put it all back together. but then there was some running. and me screaming "dont run THIS way pal!" and then a lot of hopping around.

he got stung - a lot. some of the beez got in his veil and some got in his clothes. so he had to suit up better and go back into battle. he got the hive put back together so we think they are safe. but good thing they didnt lay out there all nite in the cold!

the good news is that the hive is loaded and there are lots of beez. the bad news is.. man were they mad. hopefully they will make it. we need to solve the problem of how to secure the hive. it must have been a totally weird wind - that hive is HEAVY.

so it was a very excited day. today will be boring. i hope.

happy thursday!
:)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
OW
hubby got stung alot...hope he does OK
bee stings or wasps etc make me kinda sick feeling.....stay clear people LOL

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
last nite he had some pain but i punched him in the arm and told him to man up.

just kidding.

benedryl does wonders. so he's all better today.

i think its getting colder outside. for heavens sakes!

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It looks like a winter wonderland over here. Please don't send that storm my way....our poor farm just can't take too much more.

And I'm with FC - don't think I'll be owning any bees ON PURPOSE just yet. Nope. No Siree.

sekinkead

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Glad you are ok and that the beez seem to be ok to. We had hail at work and then I called home to check on the kids and they said it was hailing there and the dog was whining so they went to the basement to. Everyone made it through ok, but it sure was windy and loud for awhile.

Then this morning there was snow on my car!:( I sure hope we warm up for good soon.

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
There's a reason we don't live in an area that has wild storms or tornadoes! I will take our horrible cold and blizzards, thank you anyway.

I am getting bees for the first time this spring- I am so excited! SO wants to put them in the middle of our steep hill because it is sunny. I'm thinking not so much- I don't want a tipped over hive and angry bees!