Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
ksalvagno said:
We got 21 alpacas shorn today and about 35 alpacas to shear tomorrow. Way down in numbers from previous years but thankful that we should be done by about 1pm.
Wow that is a LOT of work!! Do you get to keep the wool or does it go back to the owners?
No keeping any wool. All goes to the owners. To be honest, I wouldn't want any. I tried the whole fiber thing and just don't enjoy it.

Shearing is done and it all went very well. Has been raining all day today. Very thankful we got some alpacas done yesterday.

Happy Easter! :bun

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
18 calls. In 8 hours. What a very VERY long day. LOL. Normally we get 35-50 calls in a day. *falls asleep*

I'm gonna go hunt down some coffee. I think there's a wild herd near by. *grabs her spear*

Hope you all had a good holiday, those who celebrate it :)

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
A bunch of beans running into the wind!!! Their tails flying behind them. *cracks up*

Then you catch them and grind them while they scream and their blood is a perfect aroma and you boil them and drink! Wonnerful stuffs.

*beams*

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
You'll all have to wait cuz I don't have time right now, but I'll be filksinging a song for that.

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hows this?

Rollin, rollin, rollin
Get them wild beans boilin'
Need coffee for my toilin'
Wild Beans

Wild Coffee beans are screamin'
The pot they're in's a steamin'
Wild Beans.

Ride 'em down, grind 'em up
Ride 'em down, grind 'em up
Ride 'em down, grind 'em up - Wild Beans

(Too early to think of more verses right now - I haven't even had my first cuppa)

BTW - that's to the tune of Rawhide - in case you hadn't guessed it. Oh - and I've been a filksinger since my wild, untamed youth!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
kc - thats great! i think i gots to catch me some wild beans!

but in the mean time, i've got some bagged ones that will be just fine
;-)

today we are answering the question, just how long can a turkey hen scream her head off? the answer... going on two days. so far. she's slayin' me. and no we dont know what is wrong with her.

yesterday we ignored everyone and hid. today is one of the best days of the year - when the easter candy goes on sale! whooot! also i'm gonna grab me a big stack of those little plastic easter buckets to use in the barnyard. last year i got some for like $0.10 each!

today we have to deal with the mud. it looks like me might have the slightest reprieve from the rain - but it wont last.

we also had to finally separate the Big Meats from the Small Meats (2 weeks apart) - they Big ones were getting too aggressive and the small meats and the standard chicks were being run over. so how we have two baby pools of meats in the basement. sheesh!

and

we have a few more things blooming including the lilacs!

thats the word here
:)

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
no problem baby! it IS early there! but i love it that you get up with us EST'ers

;-)