Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Is your barnyard as disgusting as mine now? Smells like a sewer. Poopy shavings and old hay that has has been fermenting in a wet mucky mess for 2 months is :sick We had a break from the rain yesterday and then got another inch or so overnight and at least another 1/2 inch while I was out milking. And so it will go all week :/
Our stores had the candy pretty much wiped out the day before. I was in Kroger and there was nothing good left :hu They didn't stock as much this year.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
nothing but rotten poop soup out there.. its horrible. there is no where dry and we need gravel - bad - just to make a walkway.

and poor little Nibbles - she is such a low rider that she is covered in mud from running over to be milked.

and my favorite little white duck is now brown. she was so bad that i sprayed her with the hose yesterday! i dont know where she has been feeding but she is a big mud mess!

i'm hoping we dry out soon - i THINK its going to miss us for a while today - but you know how that goes.

:)

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I think we would need gravel a foot deep to even help now :/
Ducks can't drown, right? :p

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Poop soup here as well. :sick rain rain rain rain rain rain rain!!!!!!! I am so sick of rain!!! No one is happy at this little farm...even the ducks are complaining!

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We have stepping stones. They are under water. But at least my feet hit something solid eventually :p

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Love your filking KC.

Hope everyone had a nice easter.

A moat! Now there is an idea for me. We have had poop soup for months, with a brief drying period the other day, and now two days of rain again. The goats have gone back to glaring at me, they are sure this is all my fault.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
:caf

Ugh, Easter candy? :sick

Don't say that too loud....I am nursing a nasty candy hangover today!
We got a big old box of See's as well as a bag of See's chocolate eggs.

Just reading the words EC makes me throw up a little.

So Missy, what do you use .10cent Easter baskets for in the yard?

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
mmmmmmmmm Sees candy..........(SD sounds like Homer Simpson)

I used to work at a dental office in Culver city, down the street from the Sees factory. I used to go by and love the smell! I don't know if that is still where they are. I knew a lady who worked there making candy. I asked if she ever ate any. She said they allow you to eat all you want. I said REALLY? How come you aren't fat? (she was thin). She said that after one day of eating all you want, almost everyone can't stand to eat any more at all.

I told her that I would be the exception to the rule. I love their bordeaux! With the sprinkles? :love