Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I'm with BB....I gaze sadly every day at Ginger's floppy udder and mutter....Next year, girl, next year will be your banner year for puttin' it in th' bucket! Woohoo!

I milked late tonight, quarter to ten....and found Mya cooing softly to the buckling, who was yelling loudly in reply. She is NOT on his dance card this year.....didn't tell them that, though, didn't want mutiny on my hands.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
6AM, status: still sleeping
7AM, status: still sleeping
8AM, status: still sleeping

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............

8:15AM..... * still asleep, covered in cats, Little Mo bopping me in the mouth with his litter box paws, rolls over, gets up and shuffles out to kitchen. Dog#2 is asleep in a pile of corn chips, wearing a black leotard and my barn boot, a sign that says "put a ring on THIS" around his neck *

hum. well this should be an interesting day.

and what AM i gonna do to stay out of trouble.. hum......

happy thursday everyone!!!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Pick it up again girl.....

Look at her Dancin'
Move it, Move it
Just take it.....OFF!

Congrats on a break from milkin.....gonna be one mutha of a hangover :sick

BTW....in case you didn't see my post, your PM box is full

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
so its MORE apples!!!

we stopped by our orchard friends and they nearly trampled each other running 5 gallon buckets of perfectly good apples to us. we ended up with 5 5-gallons full! the house is apple-y and delish!

and we got more hay. heaven knows Nibbles needs it. NOT! ohmigosh i need to cut her off. she doesnt have 2 hoots for being out there alone. at all. she thinks she is the queen of siam. every time i got out to check on her she gives me the finger.

but she milked about a quart today. i'm on every other day for her and hope to have her dried out for her date in 2 weeks.

Debbie doesnt miss us at all.

pigz are getting big. huge actually. so very happy about that.

i'm supposed to be outside but the house smells too good....

back to it.. more apples

:)

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
OFG, help me out over on the 'Global takeover of US banks' thread before they say I'm nuts.

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
OFG, i'm a bit hesitant to start a thread on human dignity as you requested because it's bound to get heated and shut down, but i wrote a post about it (which you can read here) and i invite (beg/plead/coerce) everyone to come share your thoughts on my blog (which isn't moderated ;)). it seems like everyone reads your journal anyway, so this is pretty much tantamount to starting a thread, right? :D

thanks for the praise OFG!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
wow! Bib that is GREAT! really - and thanks for including the clips (seein' as how i dont get too many tv channels).

i really liked a couple things - one that Dr Phil said that the victims of bullying cant imagine that someone would NOT treat them with the same "mean spiritedness" that their tormentors would.. that the victims would only imagine that everyone agrees with the meanies and not that someone would react with compassion.

and also the last clip echoed what i heard from Dan Savage (i used to love his column when i lived on the left coast) that "it gets better." i think this is an important message for ANY kid.

i think its hard to get kids to realize that they are going to move out of that stage of their life. it used to be that high school was 'the best time of your life.' HA! i hated it. i knew that life would get better than that crappy high school i went to..and that i was the person who was going to make my life better. but not everyone has this truth.

i'm not sure if kids have that kind of hope now. i think there has been a lot of bad things happen and they dont have the fortitude - or have the faith - to hang in there and see that life is going to get better.

but with the current mean culture - how would you know? so much of the tv shows are about meanness that i cant stand most of it. its all about being snarky and getting them before they get you, and whoever is b*tchiest wins. hum. i know that a show about a kind person who has a good word and smile for everyone probably wouldnt sell.. but golly. wouldnt it be refreshing?

and i liked, Bib, that you said that young children find differences interesting... but as people get older those difference become a stick to hit someone with (my paraphrasing here).

and by now you all know my position on the jerks "over there"... i just still cant believe that people - ADULT people - would have time to bash down someone because they think a question is stupid. wow. especially over farm animals but heh heh heh... i oughta leave that sleeping dog lie right there.

anyway - thanks Bib - GREAT work. love your thoughts, love your clips, and love that you are giving attention to this issue. your Auntie OFG is very proud of you.

:)

ALANB.

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
OHIO FARM GIRL ; Correct me if I'm wrong on this , If you stop milking Nibbles now or have dreyed her up sooner , won't that give her time to prepare for the new Birth's ? ........... ALANb.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
I posted on your blog Leah!

I definitely think this issue is bigger than a disagreement over farm animals or strictly embedded in youth and high school; it is everywhere around us.