Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better, its cold & rainy here. And muddy. Steadily getting muddier because of all the cold rain. booooooo
Sorry to hear about Nicholas! Poor kitty!

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about Nicholas. It sounds like he should heal just fine though.

I thought it was supposed to be warmer today. It felt colder than yesterday. I'm hoping tomorrow will actually be warmer. I don't mind cold but I do mind this bitter cold. Especially when I have to make a lot of trips out to the barn.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
well our Nicholas is definitely on the mend. and he's tolerating the meds well and NOT ripping out his stitches.

when we picked him up the written aftercare instructions said that "some dehissence may occur from the compromised" (compromised WHAT?)... and the gal didnt have any idea what that meant (i'm sure SD is cringing right now) and we didnt either but we werent waiting around either and i figured i'd look it up when we got home.

we kinda laughed on the way home that his "hisser" was compromised but that wasnt the case. i had to get Nicholas out of the cage b/c he WAS in fact hissing ("hey lady, let me do it! he bites!").

anyway, it was "wound dehiscence" which means the wound may come apart. so of course i was as nervous as a long tailed cat beside me and a slamming door (UGH! i gotta make this into a joke or i'll cry again).... but nope he was just fine.

so i think we are gonna be able to get back to normal around here.. for what thats worth.

we actually went off farm yesterday. we figured Nicholas was sleeping and we needed a bit of a break. so that was nice.

and now... more onward and upward. on today's agenda... i'm frying up a big piece of ham.

happy tuesday everyone!

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Mornin! It's above freezing this morning and the animals are all acting crazy at my place :weee
Ooops, look at the time! I gotta take a kid to school early. Back in a bit...

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good to hear Nicholas is on the mend. I had a cat with a severe tail wound a few years back..

So where did you go off farm? I hope you didn't hit that restaurant supply again. That could be dangerous.

Maybe a nice restaurant a little shopping?

Happy Ham-day!!!! I mean Tuesday!!

g

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
ohmigosh.. could you imagine if there was a Hamday??? i'd be so happy.. my golly!

we went.. out to eat. can you believe it? some errands and some eating.

hey java! yep its all a big slushy mess out there...hey i should go and get the ducks up.

:)

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
OK, I'm puzzled...the animal water was not frozen! I don't know if I can take it...carrying those buckets out 3x a day is part of my exercise routine :lol:
Wait...you went out to eat again? Was it good?

My daughter just goat dressed and went out to play in the slush :p Goofy kid. She's the one who will cry when then snow is gone.

Hattie the Hen

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:frow

ofg, I thought you might like this blog with it's tasty porkiness........:lol:

http://goingwholehog.blogspot.com/2009/09/sweet-onion-pork-stew-lescadaoun-gascon.html

I have just been rounding up my previously free ranging cockerels & getting them penned up so I can feed them up a little more prior dispatching them soon.......they are making too much noise & I am really hungry for their delicious meat. They are Dorkings X White Plymouth Rocks & absolutely yummy. The girls who are pure-bread Dorkings & the crosses are really laying well now the temperature is above freezing.....:drool

Roll on the Spring....!!

Hattie