Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
There's a guy in our bee club that puts bricks on top of his hives when they are calling for storms. He also suggested to stack bales of straw around them for a temporary windbreak.

We should make an OFG barbie doll! She comes complete with goats, angry bees, big dogs and 47 cats. She comes with a farm outfit, fuzzy slippers, and church clothes. She says 32 phrases including "I cut the cheese" and "Who da HO" and "I LOOOOOOOVE me some BACON!" She also has her own toolbox complete with safety cone orange handled ax and realistic dead "fox"....:lol: Extra available accessories include but are not limited to the following.....OD, chicken coop, crazy turkeys hiding in the garden, and kitty litter cheese press!

Ya'll hurry on down to the feed store and get your own OFG barbie doll!!!! :lol:

sekinkead

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:yuckyuck

Lori, you are hilarious.

That's a good reminder about the brick on top, we get our beez on April 29. I never thought one would get blown over, but now I know better.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
ohmigosh, Lori i just spit out my coffee all over my computer! ha ha ha ha ha i cant imagine the kid that would buy that action figure. ha ha ha ha ha!

last nite when we were all in a heap o' cats on the couch we just looked at each other and laughed... "only us"

but at least its not boring.

the hive thing is going to be tricky. we had it weighted AND had straw bales - the wind must have done some crazy 'sheer' thing. i still cant believe it tumbled down. we'll work on creating some kind of platform.

valmon - ours is on a little bit of a hill.... we are gonna have to do some creative building to do something different. pallets will probably been involved
;-)

i'm definitely not the bee person here. but i did get to work the smoker thingy and that was totally fun. and i did some running and screaming.

ps yesterday whenever the cats said anything i yelled "who da HO dat said dat!" all. day. long. i thought i was hilarious but even the dogs were sick of me by the end of the day.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I wish I could get MY dh to take on a bee project. He stands on a chair and screams like a girl when there is a bee or wasp in the house and I have to get it out.

OK, mild exaggeration. That is a description of me and spiders. :p He takes care of spiders, I do rodents and bees.

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ps yesterday whenever the cats said anything i yelled "who da HO dat said dat!" all. day. long. i thought i was hilarious but even the dogs were sick of me by the end of the day.
And the garden hoe outside rolled it's eyes.....

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I still haven't gotten my hives put together yet......maybe this weekend....we had crazy wind out here yesterday too. I'm gonna put my hives on the back side of the goat barn so that if I need to make a windbreak it will be easy to attach something to the fence and actually hold it in place.

I couldn't resist with the barbie doll thing....my kids were playing with one of Maddie's barbies this morning that came with 2 dogs that pee on newspaper (that turns yellow when wet) when you feed them from a bottle :rolleyes: The funniest thing is that one is a girl and squats to pee and the other dog is a boy and raises it's leg.....seriously, I could not make this up.

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
valmom said:
There's a reason we don't live in an area that has wild storms or tornadoes!
i live in an area that isn't supposed to get tornadoes but one went right through the middle of the farm last night! luckily it just went over the lake, up the woods, and over the mountain. and it was just forming when it was over us so we've got very little damage- just some trees down. but it was INSANE. all the sudden it just started pouring rain and you could hardly see out the windows. and then it was over.

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
bibliophile birds said:
valmom said:
There's a reason we don't live in an area that has wild storms or tornadoes!
i live in an area that isn't supposed to get tornadoes but one went right through the middle of the farm last night! luckily it just went over the lake, up the woods, and over the mountain. and it was just forming when it was over us so we've got very little damage- just some trees down. but it was INSANE. all the sudden it just started pouring rain and you could hardly see out the windows. and then it was over.
I was going to ask you this morning if you had any damage. I think it all missed us. Greenback (to all you non-E. TN folks that's a small community just down the road from us) got blasted. The pics on the news this a.m. was pretty bad. Of course we're going to go see the damage cause we're nosy like that and it gives hubby a chance to run out more of my gas.

Glad you're okay BBird. Did the pig make it, and have you got it leash-trained yet?

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I seriously need an OFG doll for my granddaughter, when will they be on the market?

Can I suggest a few more accessories? Milk stanchion and bucket, in the goat deluxe packaged set of course, pork slaughter supplies including pig heads, ducks and a pond complete with ducklings and real poo, a big barn with doors that fly open in the wind, and of course a computer with a plate of half-eaten pie next to it.

Additional wardrobe sets such as town clothes, chef outfit, goatherd outfit, and of course several shorts ensembles for just kickin' around, all in size short.

And finally, she needs to be marketed with a TBM doll, complete with truck with the NRA sticker and beekeeper outfit just to make the set complete and give us grandparents a new accessory to buy each holiday for the grandkids.