Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
YES! I was adorable. I think I looked twelve. LOL. Twirl twirl twirl in the corner with the mirrors. Hair loose and pulled back with a cute bow at the nape of my neck. lol. Cute sundress.

I danced all over. My waltz is better. And I moved my arms in the swing. And my knees are learning to bend when I dance. And my toes were pointed. And I had soooo much fun.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
:lol:
freemotion said:
ohiofarmgirl said:
and yeah i'm waiting for them PITA folks to show up. ohmigosh. its bad enough with the NORMAL people.. sheesh! oh well. we're ready for them. we'll see how much of animal lovers they are when OD The Gander gets ahold of them. honestly i dont even have to call the dogs.
:lol: I don't know if this was a fast-typin' thing or a pun on purpose.....

PETA: People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (buncha psychos) and PITA: Pain In The A$$........that one really fits in this context!

:gig
Well I'm glad y'all thought it was a clever pun but it was just a typo. But perhaps a freudian one.....:gig

Glad you had fun dancing, Abi!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I spent the day again yesterday at TSC (part of there demo days) teaching people about chickens. I talked to a BUNCH of city folks there and explained about why - YES I will be eating this hen! Once the took the time to listen and actually think about the commercial birds they they left with new understanding. PITA for sure. I really don't see that they have "helped" the animals in this country.

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Don't get me started on "that group" ... if you're gonna pretend to care so much that you throw paint on $1000 coats, then back it up when the cameras aren't rolling too.

Anyway.... Diva is running late to the cat coup because she missed the memo. Her inbox was full
51084_aadiva.jpg

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
ps i have a completely irrational fear of bears. i mean...totally off the charts fear of them. thats why NO BEARS tumbled down our hive. its simply not allowed.
savingdogs said:
I can never believe the footage they have of people feeding the bears in parks.....are people CRAZY?
we've got bears all over. cute little black ones. i LOVE THEM. but they can be a problem from time to time. every couple of years one decides that the farm is a swell place to live and takes up residence. the last one took up residence in my grandparents carport and adjacent bamboo grove. it has a serious taste for dog food. my dad finally had to chase it off by shooting pellets at it's butt cause it just wasn't going away. it got awfully close to our hives one day and i think that was the last straw.

i HATE people who feed bears. bears that are fed must be euthanized because they become a danger. it's terrible, but it is what the park rangers have to do to keep park visitors safe. no matter how many times you try to tell some idiots that, they will insist on feeding them anyway. i chewed some guy out for about 30 mins in the park one day cause he was about to go feed a bear. i was screaming "i don't care if you get your f-ing throat ripped out in front of your children since you are apparently one of the dumbest human beings alive, but that bear doesn't deserve to get killed just because you have a small wang and need to impress people with your brave bear feeding skills" when the park ranger arrived. he was trying so hard not to laugh while he wrote the guy a citation.

he did tell me that my language wasn't exactly appropriate and that i should have reported the guy instead of going off on him, but his huge grin and the pats on the back kinda undermined his little speech.

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We have seen deer, possums, raccoons, armadillos etc around my neighborhood - we aren't "in town" but it is a neighborhood where the average acreage is 4 or less. There are 2 major roads within less than a mile, and 2 huge subdivisions.
Last summer it was all over the news about a black bear being in a guy's yard on one of those major roads. Well, I figured it was at the south end of the road, where there are more woods etc.
NOPE... it was the guy whose backyard fence is about 1/4 mile from my front door. I felt so sorry for that bear - it was miserably hot and he couldn't / wouldn't come down from the tree because of the people / media. The guy finally kicked everybody out and around dusk he videoed the bear leaving back into the little thicket of woods.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
We used to camp at this lovely place in California called Montana de Oro. Right on your camping ticket it was stamped DO NOT FEED THE RACOONS.

Racoons? We thought it odd.

But the very first night, a bag of chips was raided from our table. We realized that is what they meant by not feeding the racoons.

The following night we saw our neighbors doing the same thing and we warned them. So we watch as they take their food into the tent with them overnight.

We woke early in the morning to them exclaiming.

The racoons had CHEWED THROUGH the tent and were inside with them, eating their food!