Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:frow hey all. Feel better OFG.

I actually took a pic of a truck pulling 3 trailers on my vacation a while back. It was crazy.

Hey Aly, shes cute. How old is she?

g

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
:frow hey all. Feel better OFG.

I actually took a pic of a truck pulling 3 trailers on my vacation a while back. It was crazy.

Hey Aly, shes cute. How old is she?

g
No clue!!! That's my problem!! She doesn't have a - well, don't want to make ofg sick - no cord... LOL but she's small. She was also a twin. And she just doesn't want milk.

They auctioned her off as a boer doeling - and that's what E said he wanted us to get (but he didn't exactly want me to get her on Friday, nor did he exactly fight me too hard when I started bidding.....infact, when they brought her and her twin out I was chatting with Becca and he rammed me in my ribs hard.....) We also tried to get a Nubian buckling, but he sold too high for us.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
thanks Tanks

hey Aly! um... she looks pretty young. sometimes if they get hungry enough they will take the bottle. FarmerChick is actually the "pro" meat goat person - i'll bet she could guess an age

when we were bottle feeding the Niblets sometimes i would have to get the little one to start sucking on my finger, then shove the baa-baa (bottle ok fine thats my only baby talkk) into her mouth and then she figured out whats where the yums are (ok one more cutesypootsey word).

we also didnt use "sucky" bottles but used the big lambing bottles and the hole in the nip was big enough that the milk kinda ran out. this made it easier for them and if we woulda kept them longer we'd have changed to the other kind of nipple.

does that help?

she is a cutie patootie tho! great work!
:)

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
sure i'll kill me some possums. i dont even need to be thanked

;-)
i say this to everyone, but i really, really mean it in your case: you would LOVE New Zealand. out in the boonies (which, to be honest, is about 90% of the country) you have to watch for other drivers swerving all over the road to HIT possums. it's like a game. a very fun game. i've always hated hitting animals with my car, but there i just knew i was doing my civic duty! damn things are wiping out all the indigenous bird species.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Why are possums universally hated? They disgust me, too. Like hyenas. Or vultures. ick

Feel better, OFG! Isn't it nice germs don't pass over cyberspace? I'll give you a big ol hug right now and not even worry about germs.

*hugs*

Drink some OJ and have some chicken soup. Certainly you must have a can of soup you have put up here somewhere.

*goes off to kitchen to find appropriate sick person foods to prepare*

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
thanks SD! yep we've got some broth and some home canned chicken broth right.... over........ there

*falls over from weakness, moans woefully......*

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Suck it up sister, you know the cats will riot if you're out for too long.
*hands OFG a tissue and some of Free's scallion-ginger stuff* Good for what ails you!

SD, possums are about the only thing that will illicit a girl-like shriek from me. *shudders*

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
* waves tissue as surrender flag, falls back down *

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Man up OFG. You're starting to sound like our husbands when they get sick. You don't want to sound whiney do you?

Ali, that's one of the cutest goats I've ever seen (sorry everyone else with goats - I'll brag on yours when Ali isn't around). Now get your motherin' boots on and go out there and stick a milk covered finger in that cutie's mouth.

(Wow, I like Mondays - I'm just ordering everyone around!)

Oh, btw, I didn't think Wombats were real. I thought they were one of those "made-up to scare little kids" kinda story. That's what I like about this forum - learn something new every day.

Did everyone see Nifty on the today show this morning?