Okay...post your herd pics here! **Dial-up Warning**

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Ok! I finally got some more pictures taken.

I couldn't get very many good pictures of the kids because they like mauling me the second I step in the pen, but here are the girls; two are Libby's, and two are Poppy's, all born in late April.
050.jpg

Lilly
072-1.jpg

Sammie
054-2.jpg

Missy
073.jpg

Couldn't snag a pic of Molly, she decided to take a nap after a while.
Heathcliff; born early April, he's gonna be a big boy!
071.jpg

006-4.jpg

Nota
063.jpg

057-1.jpg

Blanche again
061.jpg

Only two pics that I could get of Blossom; her, Blanche (full sister), Ann Robin, and Nota I had all gotten in December. They were born in June but were half the size they should have been, very stunted from coccidiosis, had patches of hair missing, very wormy, had fluke worms and tapes. I gave them medicated wormer pellets twice, which no one says works anyway, but then I continued to give them an herbal wormer for several months. They've been very healthy since. I was a little worried that they wouldn't grow very big and wouldn't be able to get bred, so I'm very happy with their size and how well they've grown.
060-1.jpg

062.jpg

Libby again
055.jpg

Poppy; we're not sure how old she is, bought her at the sale barn from a very reputable breeder. She was a skeleton then, very poor condition, patches of hair missing, she took quite a while to get conditioned and it takes a while for her to gain weight, but now she's looking the best we've ever seen her.
058.jpg

059-1.jpg

Jenna; she's still in her first lactation, gave birth last June, so she's been lactating a year and several months now. She gave well over a gallon at her peak, and gives just under 2 quarts a day.
051-1.jpg

013-9.jpg

052-2.jpg

Aerobics class
053.jpg

A couple chicken pictures;
017-8.jpg

075.jpg

080.jpg

082-1.jpg

and my fav Buff.
076.jpg

079.jpg

Muscovies;
Priscilla the Buff Ripple
030-2.jpg

Saddina the pied hen and the pied drake that I haven't named yet.
009-8.jpg

Pied drake and Priscilla
083.jpg

Saddina chasing Priscilla and the drake after she found them hanging out together while she was busy setting on eggs.
084.jpg

The thing I love about the Muscovies is that when we feed everyone they won't eat any of it. They're freeranged and are great fly control, they get nice and large on grasses and insects.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
What a lovely bunch! Do you sell all your babies or keep some or what? I am considering breeding Willow if I get a buck, but don't want to end up with too many babies that I can't sell. It does seem that they sell pretty well here, from trying to buy one, they seem to go pretty quickly. Willow has had a baby before (before I got her), and is a tank, so bred to a dairy buck I think she might make a good homestead dual purpose doeling if she has one.

It is so easy to go from two goats to a hundred! :lol:

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oh my, I have duck, goat, sheep, farm and chicken envy. :bow I soooo wish I could just start bringing them all home. :clap

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Ok, so goaties are good for milk and meat....sheeple for wool?

They are all adorable!

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
We've only sold two bucks and two wethers before. My mom has a hard time parting with them. We're breeding Heathcliff to all the girls, except the four youngest this fall. I'm going to sell enough kids from Blanche, Nota, Ann Robin, or Blossom to pay back for the cost of Heathcliff and keep the best. They'll get a better price as they're all registered and have some good bloodlines. I think I mentioned how much I paid for Heathcliff once, but I'm not going to say it again. Lol. His dam was milking over a gallon within the first month though, and has the 2007 national highest 307 milk and butterfat, so I'm praying for rich and creamy milk from his kids - prefect for cheese making. Is Willow your pygmy cross? If you can find a Nigerian Dwarf buck to breed her that should work.

Dace, sheep and goats can both be used for fiber, meat, and milk. There are fiber breeds of goats such as angora and cashmere, and Bee says there are some breeds of sheep for milk. It would be cool to have a dairy sheep!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
BTW BB, doesn't your goat know she needs a sports bra for aerobics class? :lol:

Couldn't help it!

All of our animals look WONDERFUL!!!!!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
BB, I think it's quite obvious that you are a master herdsman when it comes to goats. Those animals are in wonderful condition and seem quite healthy and content. Those herbal wormers must be something else! I really think you should post those pics on a certain thread on a different forum....they are something of which to be proud, to be sure!

Beautiful animals, one and all! :) So good to finally see some of the animals of which you write on here....sort of like meeting all your friends! :D

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, cool thread! I was inspired to start researching homemade herbal dewormers and home fecal exams....I started a search for a microscope. I will be doing my own study on worming methods in the next few months!

Latest posts