Okay...post your herd pics here! **Dial-up Warning**

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
As a matter of fact, I would like to start a thread on BYH to showcase all our animals....particularly the ones who are being raised in a thrifty, natural way so that others can see that its not all about USDA approved protocol when it comes to animal husbandry.

The fact that we are attempting to develop animals that will not need costly and artificial means to survive in good condition is a testament to our out of the box thinking and our individuality. We should be proud of it and tout these methods on BYH so that others realize that there is more than only one way to skin a cat......er...um...I mean, to raise an animal. :p

You guys in? Wanna rock the boat and start a thread about raising animals with alternative, non-USDA approved methods? :)

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
You sound like me Monique! Just yesterday I added a microscope to do my own fecals to my Yule list! Thats one reason I want to get into showing our goats, to prove to others that a naturally raised animal can take on the conventional animals.

Bee, I thought you were gonna ask if we could get a homesteading area on here?
I guess I could try.. I don't really like it over there. And yesterday a mod removed my post because I didn't agree with what someone was persuading of others.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Ask and you shall receive. So let it be written, so let it be done... (Ten Commandments reference :D )

We have a thread...let's keep it friendly and positive and do not respond to aggressive trolls so they cannot lock this one up. If they lock it, we cannot re-introduce the subject.... :/

Show 'em how it's done, folks! :thumbsup :bun

BB, we need the pics of your beautiful herd....a pic is worth a thousand....well..YOU know! :p

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
I have some ideas of what to post over there but my computers not working! I hit something and the windows that are on the toolbar on the bottom are on the toolbar on top, and the toolbar keeps hiding unless I put the mouse up there - then it pops up, even though I have the toolbar locked. and on top of that my Menu, Favorites, Toolbar, etc vanished. I can't figure any of it out.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
You can always do a restore and everything goes back to how it once was....if you can't remember how it got there in the first place. "Restore" is my friend! :D