Online consignment/secondhand shopping

DianeB

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I don't mean this as a hobby. Just more options to find something you need at a lower price.

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:drool I found something I really want, but I was outbid! :barnie Did one of you bid against me? :lol: Should I bid higher? It isn't something I HAVE to have, but I love it! :he

DianeB

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
How much longer is the auction. You may want to just watch it and then snatch it up at the end. If you bid too soon, the other person will just continue to outbid you. This will just drive the price up. Besides, I am sure that not many people know about the site. Someone else may not bid for sometime. Pretty sure you can wait it out.

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
How much longer is the auction. You may want to just watch it and then snatch it up at the end. If you bid too soon, the other person will just continue to outbid you. This will just drive the price up. Besides, I am sure that not many people know about the site. Someone else may not bid for sometime. Pretty sure you can wait it out.
Only like 8 hours! :caf

I don't like it being on Pacific time zone. :rant

DianeB

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
BeccaOH said:
Only like 8 hours! :caf

I don't like it being on Pacific time zone. :rant
Tough call!! Watch it a little. If you really want it and someone is trying to outbid, bid right before it closes. Some people bid to just bid. They will easily give others. Some want it to and will continue to bid until it is theirs. If you click on the item icon and scroll down the page there is a bid history. Click on it and see if this person has bid multiable times and when. It may give you a good feeling for how this auction is going.

Also, is there similiar items up for auction. If so, check their bid histories. They don't give the full name but you maybe able to decifer if similiar people have bid for this. They maybe less likely to continue to bid if they in line to get a similiar item.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
:ep

And why not shop for a hobby? If you are looking for a specific thing why not look on there for it instead? shopping for a hobby at a public mall if different because those items are usually there; most of the ones on this site are discontinued and unique.

I'm trying to look up Jenny Lind bed prices.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
And why not shop for a hobby? If you are looking for a specific thing why not look on there for it instead?
I sort of meant more "wanting things as a hobby", which includes but is not limited to the shopping aspect of it ;)

To each their own, I'm just saying, boy the world sure has changed in terms of the number of things a person feels they 'need',

Pat

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Oh, I see what you meant.
I generally don't like any shopping, aside from thrift shopping, so it is fun to look at things. I'm too chicken to buy anything online anyway. However, I did find those prices I was looking for on eBay.

:ep

$300 for a Jenny Lind baby crib - the exact same as we have in our turkey barn that was being used as a roost that our friend Jo gave us when she found it on Junk Days. :hide

And the Jenny Lind bed frames that my mom cut up and made into a very cool bench? $200.

I'm not sure whether to cry, or laugh. Heh..

Oh well. Didn't cost us anything, all was found on the side of the streets.