Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Free fence wire? Will you please introduce me to your friends?????
Check your local farm sites. A few months ago we had someone moving and they had to get their fencing down. It was free if you took it down, and you were welcome to any of the remaining animal shelters too. I’ve seen several similar things. At the moment someone is looking to get 8’ chain link taken down, looks like acres of it too. Someone else already took the job, which means they are getting paid and keeping fencing. Win win for them, but I’m glad I’m not having to take it all down lol.

Marie2020

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Absolutely not! Join in and even feel free to go off topic....it's called good conversation! ;)

As @CLSranch said, we could all use some decluttering in our lives, both of material things but also of emotional, mental, physical and even spiritual things. Especially now, at this most strange time in the world, wherein there is so much division, loss of freedom in the US and the looming future of what is to come, a person needs to get as free as they can of all things that encumber us.

I found out how freeing the letting go of stuff was way back in the 90s first and I knew it felt good, but it would take me 2 more times after that, of purging most of everything I owned~due to moving here and there~before I realized that God was trying to tell me something. If it feels so good to get rid of it, why am I clinging so hard to it? Does it feel good to have to clean it up, rearrange it, or otherwise care or walk around all this stuff? No? Then why, oh why, do I continue to do so?

If I moved tomorrow, the only thing I'd be taking along of my own personal possessions from this particular home would all fit into the back of my car. All of it. I'm living at my mother's home, taking care of her and her place right now, so all that stuff you saw in that shed? Only a few small bags of winter clothing in there are mine....the rest is mother's or Eli's.

In my own room, I have 2 ft of space for clothing to hang in my closet(remodeled the room and intentionally designed it thusly)....usually all I own to wear, both winter and summer, will fit into that space and it's just this year that I had winter clothing so much that I had to store it in the shed. I need to get back to that 2 ft of space only.

Decluttering my life in all ways is an ongoing and, ultimately, rewarding process. I see America drowning in stuff and so many people overwhelmed by it all, losing space in their garage, home, table, countertops that they would otherwise use freely but are unable to do so due to stuff. It saddens me and I know how they feel....it adds to their depression, anxiety and even affects their overall health.
As I made a start yesterday more and more kept showing up. I have now bagged some of it and going to fill up a bulky washing basket tomorrow and that's going to.

How did I ever get so much and why? :barnie It's like I have woken up in some strangers home, it's really got to go​

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
As I made a start yesterday more and more kept showing up. I have now bagged some of it and going to fill up a bulky washing basket tomorrow and that's going to.

How did I ever get so much and why? :barnie It's like I have woken up in some strangers home, it's really got to go​
That's how I feel each time I tackle this type of thing....who in the world bought all this STUFF???? Then, who in the world KEPT it all this time? :D

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That's how I feel each time I tackle this type of thing....who in the world bought all this STUFF???? Then, who in the world KEPT it all this time? :D
I have a sneaking suspicion that elves sneak in at night and drop off random items where they don’t belong.
Apparently one of them left me a rolled up mattress topper in my closet. I was sure it went to the trash months ago, but those dang elves!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We did a quick picking up stuff yesterday and took to a neighbor’s roll off dumpster 30 yard box. We pulled out scrap copper and brought it home. We raided his cargo trailer and got cardboard for smothering out weeds in the garden. Porch is still covered in crap, including 2 tubs of beginning to stink CCX that need to go in the chicken tractors I haven’t built yet.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have an easy time with slide puzzles.

Once, way back around 2002 or so, I pranked a friend of mine. I loaded a slide puzzle that couldn't be closed without solving onto his computer then set it to run on startup. He tried everything he could think of to get around that thing, but nothing could work. He thought he had some virus. When he complained that afternoon, after laughing myself silly, I went over and started the computer then did the puzzle. Then I removed it from auto running. He didn't think it was funny until several days had passed.

Latest posts