Our Farm-2 Years Ago to Now

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You have so much to be happy about and proud of all your hard work. Isn't it a great feeling to see how much your hard work has accomplished? I love the story of you last 2 years. Keep on, keeping on with it and more. What a great storyteller you are.

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks! The insurance guy came out and appraised it for $30,000 replacement value!! :ep We sure didn't pay that for it, thanks to my scrounging of things nobody wanted. If you have a big project in mind, start scrounging and stacking up materials, it will pay off.

Honey, I can't drive down the road without looking from side to side to see if there is something I can scrounge! :drool And, if I can't fit it in the car, I drive back to the spot in my van.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Honey, I can't drive down the road without looking from side to side to see if there is something I can scrounge! :drool And, if I can't fit it in the car, I drive back to the spot in my van.
Man after my own heart! I have brought my husband "over to the dark side" BWA-HA-HA-HA!! He scrounges now too! :lol:

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ahhh my husband is a major scrounger but it all drives me nuts sitting there until we do something with it! He needs somewhere to hide it so I don't have to look at it!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My piles are in the carport, but they are getting much smaller! At one time, I only took up half the carport and parked my tractor under there too. A hail storm was coming and DH wanted me to take the tractor out and park the car in the carport, but I refused. My car could get beat by hail, but NOT my tractor!!! I parked the car under a tree.........

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yes, show the tractor some love! :lol:

Nice job on the barn.

Your projects are getting done faster than some of mine BUT -- eventually. :celebrate I go by the cull piles at my Lowe's even if I didn't want to shop that day. I've gone home for my trailer if something "farm good" is out there! Figure I "always" need something.

Today @TSC, I spotted a drive belt for my mower deck for $9.99 vice $39.99....you know I bought that!

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wow! You guys have sure put in some work! Looks great