Our President is a Nobel Laureate

Reaction score
delia_peterson said:
Big Daddy said:
Ldychef2k said:
I think it's fine to have different opinions, but calling fellow posters names is really inappropriate. If you cannot support your opinion with anything but bad behavior, you haven't much to offer.
I'm sorry what names are you referring to?
I must be missing something...was it wing nut? Is that a name? :idunno
Wing nut is a very common term used to describe far right conservatives. Not really a name.

Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
chipmunk
you don't have to do that.
you can say what is on your mind.
we do not get super vicious here...LOL---we all know everyone is different, different locations, upbringings, ideals, etc. we allow for that.
so if you do want to participate, just throw it out there.

I see other people sides also. But for me, my side is usally the more "in tune" for my personality..lol

believe me, we all take away alot of good thoughts from hearing all the opinions out there! :)
Very true. There re a lot of good opinions. FarmerChick is nicer than me. I'm abrasive. I had to adopt 5 kids so I could find one that liked me.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I agree.

Wing nut is a term for WAY FAR left or right. I have heard it before and we will hear stuff like this again I am sure.

delia_peterson

Covered in Compost
Reaction score
Big Daddy said:
delia_peterson said:
Big Daddy said:
I'm sorry what names are you referring to?
I must be missing something...was it wing nut? Is that a name? :idunno
Wing nut is a very common term used to describe far right conservatives. Not really a name.
Thats what I thought..so what am I missing here? Or do I need another cup of coffee?:D

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:gig

yea go thru a batch of kids to find one that fits...hahaha

we aren't killer mean on this board at all.
some forums go "thru the roof into ORBIT" with comments.

you have to state your point and realize we all have slang that fits into our ideas.

When talking South stuff, what I say doesn't have any meaning to a northerner from WI or OR or UT. Southerners say alot about yankees where yanks say a ton about rebels...:gig----all normal to me.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
take it all in stride Delia

make your point
prove your point
chat about your idea and your feelings and opinions

the rest is fluff and regional chat to make the point of our posts.

I am not a coffee drinker---LOL---I think being after 2 I could use a Dacquiri...but that ain't happening..:p

Hmm...LOL

Reaction score
FarmerChick said:

you have to state your point and realize we all have slang that fits into our ideas.

When talking South stuff, what I say doesn't have any meaning to a northerner from WI or OR or UT. Southerners say alot about yankees where yanks say a ton about rebels...:gig----all normal to me.
Hey I like NC. You guys have a neat license plate. I was at Bragg for 2 years. Made a lot of day trips to Myrtle. I even took a trip west to your mountains. They were real purty.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Congratulations to President Obama on winning the Nobel Prize.

I expect him to make every effort to continue repairing our damaged reputation in the world.

I don't understand the anger towards Obama receiving this award. It borders on envy, not by the posters on this site but by those in media criticizing him.
The day of the announcement I listened to the two main objectors on AM radio: you know who they are. That was the only station available where I was. Five hours of these guys repeating the same points, so I've got them memorized.
The heated comments on this subject objecting to Obama's win here are nearly verbatim.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Big Daddy said:
FarmerChick said:

Hey I like NC. You guys have a neat license plate. I was at Bragg for 2 years. Made a lot of day trips to Myrtle. I even took a trip west to your mountains. They were real purty.
yes I have to say NC has it all.
"pretend" snow in the mountain areas.
(more like icy)
great beach
great Piedmont (central)
and good location to visiting other great states
(Weather is wonderful)

I like it here honestly. I grew up in Jersey, lived in MA, NH, CT and down to NC. NC rocks...especially when older wihtout that snow to deal with..LOL

Myrtle---been there many times.

Last year we went to Cape Hatteras for a slow down...WOW was it slow..HA HA

You hit the nail on the head with "purty"--LOL

I love NH license plate. Live Free or Die

gotta love it :lol: