Our President is a Nobel Laureate

Reaction score
I sure am glad I'm not a wing nut. It sounds like this is just killing you guys. It really isn't fair. They need an award system for the right wingers.
They don't stand a chance on these Nobel awards.

Obama has done a lot towards what would be a Nobel prize in his future. This prize was given pre maturely. However I think it was intended to keep Obama on track.

So far he has denounced nuclear weapons and is pushing to lower arsenals throughout the world.

Opened direct relations with Korea and Iran vs calling them the axis of evil and using other countries to send them threats.

Closing Gitmo. Denouncing torture.

So called apology tour where he has apologized for the prior administrations conduct in world affairs.

Withdrawing from Iraq.

Improving relations with Russia by cancelling an un needed missile program in Eastern Europe that threatened Russias security and threatened to start a new cold war.

He has brought us back to being a leading nation in the world order. We are no longer the laughing stock of the world that just happens to have the biggest military. Before we were like the biggest bully in the playground. Everyone hated us but they played with us so we wouldn't beat them up. That reputation is slowly changing. We now have an adult in charge instead of a spoiled frat brother trying to impress his Dad.

Times are changing

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
good post big daddy

times MUST change...simple as that.

there is no backward superior times. world acceptance, appliance and participation is required. all the while keeping our independence. It can be done.

I hate the words "apology tour"

That is seen by people that will never back down or give an inch. Giving an inch can create a good of a mile to me. We are not apologizing for being us, we are apologizing for being so independent. Too independent. Global world is happening now. It has been. We are not top dog anymore and it is time we became the E in TEAM on this planet.
No "I" in TEAM.

I am never saying give away our "total selves and beliefs" I am saying live and let live others, do what is right and realize, truly realize, we are not alone on this earth.

(just throwing out thoughts and having a good time saying it..LOL)

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
I think it's fine to have different opinions, but calling fellow posters names is really inappropriate. If you cannot support your opinion with anything but bad behavior, you haven't much to offer.

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Have I missed the news that Gitmo has closed? Just the is last week the news reported that Gitmo is to remain open until suitable arrangements can be made for the terrorists it houses...and none can be found.

Denver Post: WASHINGTON The White House acknowledged for the first time Friday that it might not be able to close the U.S. military prison at Guantanamo Bay by January as President Barack Obama has promised.

The Pulitzer Prize winning, bipartisan Politifact has listed 500 of Obama's campaign promises, and to date 47 have been kept. See the graph: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/ Checking the details one finds that a preponderance of those promises not kept deal with ethics. With a democrat congress, the GOP can take no credit whatsoever.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
One order will close Guantanamo within a year, a process more complicated than many critics have allowed. The president already had acted immediately to suspended military tribunal trials for terrorist suspects at Guantanamo for 120 days while the process is reviewed.

can we say "unreasonable" time line
can we say "super pressure to enact--every single promise"
all within the FIRST year.

when does the govt do anything overnight.

to say not fast enough is not giving credit where credit is due.
promises were made, wait another 3 full years and see what happens.

I know, who likes waiting, no one.

but be realistic in what "might" happen for the good of all.

maybe some Americans should offer their extra bedroom for possible terrorists new housing? nah, that won't work.

Reaction score
Ldychef2k said:
I think it's fine to have different opinions, but calling fellow posters names is really inappropriate. If you cannot support your opinion with anything but bad behavior, you haven't much to offer.
I'm sorry what names are you referring to?

Reaction score
Ldychef2k said:
Have I missed the news that Gitmo has closed? Just the is last week the news reported that Gitmo is to remain open until suitable arrangements can be made for the terrorists it houses...and none can be found.

Denver Post: WASHINGTON The White House acknowledged for the first time Friday that it might not be able to close the U.S. military prison at Guantanamo Bay by January as President Barack Obama has promised.

The Pulitzer Prize winning, bipartisan Politifact has listed 500 of Obama's campaign promises, and to date 47 have been kept. See the graph: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/ Checking the details one finds that a preponderance of those promises not kept deal with ethics. With a democrat congress, the GOP can take no credit whatsoever.
Gitmo is in the process of being closed. They have relocated somewhere around 20 of the prisoners. Most importantly the prisoners are being processed and sorted out. There were quite a few innocent kids thrown in with some of the very legitimate prisoners. I know they're Muslims so to a lot of Americans it's a who cares attitude. At least this administration has a little humanity to pass around.

With the "Just say NO" attitude of the 40 Republican obstructionist's in the Senate, 47 out of 500 is pretty darn good. I must have missed a lot of speeches. 500 seems kind of high.

Yes you would think that with a Democratic majority in both houses that we could get something done. Unfortunately some of our alleged Democrat senators are not really Democrats. So we don't really have a Democratic majority. Instead we have the best congress that money can buy

chipmunk

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:pop

I'm keeping my opinions to myself. Both sides have made some pretty good points.

delia_peterson

Covered in Compost
Reaction score
Big Daddy said:
Ldychef2k said:
I'm sorry what names are you referring to?
I must be missing something...was it wing nut? Is that a name? :idunno

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
chipmunk
you don't have to do that.
you can say what is on your mind.
we do not get super vicious here...LOL---we all know everyone is different, different locations, upbringings, ideals, etc. we allow for that.
so if you do want to participate, just throw it out there.

I see other people sides also. But for me, my side is usally the more "in tune" for my personality..lol

believe me, we all take away alot of good thoughts from hearing all the opinions out there! :)