Our Raised Garden beds...

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We just harvested lettuce and spinach greens... but we are a month or more behind you guys. Just planted corn this past week

I can't wait till the green beans are ready!

Seems that there just arnt enough beds for everything I want. Next year told DH 3 more!

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Mackay said:
We just harvested lettuce and spinach greens... but we are a month or more behind you guys. Just planted corn this past week

I can't wait till the green beans are ready!

Seems that there just arnt enough beds for everything I want. Next year told DH 3 more!
I also want to double the beds.
I didn't plant many beans, mostly I have broccoli, carrots and cauliflower. Oh and tomatoes and cucumbers. :lol:

I pulled out two tiny little carrots today and the kids ate em. One red one and one white. :lol:

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I more than doubled my beds last year. This year we added the 3, 2 x 8 beds along the fence. What I wouldn't give for some flat tillable land and a field fence. :hit My ds 10 yo is upset because I am taking over the yard.

:idunno

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
I more than doubled my beds last year. This year we added the 3, 2 x 8 beds along the fence. What I wouldn't give for some flat tillable land and a field fence. :hit My ds 10 yo is upset because I am taking over the yard.

:idunno
We have lots of space, just not so much that gets the full sun, becuase we have so many trees for windbreaks. I'm not sure where I will put more beds.

My kids enjoy the garden, not so much the work, but they love what we can eat and pick, the beans are my son's favorites. My daughter is waiting on the peas, but the peas didn't do so good - we had 10 inches of rain in June and it messed up the plans a bit.

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Henrietta23 said:
Wildsky said:
You did say it was a raised bed!
Just needs a night stand and a reading lamp....
You did say "raised bed" so I guess I'd suggest "Turn it over" the legs are pointing the wrong way...LOL Your son appears quite happy and comfortable in it though. May have a problem getting him out...ROFL

All kidding aside, that is a beautiful set up. It looks like cedar so it should be very serviceable and no toxic wood treatments either!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Na, my lawn died last summer. I have been amending it with manure and clover seed the past couple weeks. Trying to help out the soil. Bee said the clover is very good for the dirt. They are just sprouting and seem to be doing good.

My kids actually love the veggie garden and my son is usually my guinea pig when it comes to trying new things. Last year I took down the dilapidated play structure and his season I mentioned the trampoline. That was to much for them. They revolted!!!

:D

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
Na, my lawn died last summer. I have been amending it with manure and clover seed the past couple weeks. Trying to help out the soil. Bee said the clover is very good for the dirt. They are just sprouting and seem to be doing good.

My kids actually love the veggie garden and my son is usually my guinea pig when it comes to trying new things. Last year I took down the dilapidated play structure and his season I mentioned the trampoline. That was to much for them. They revolted!!!

:D
You need more land! :gig

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I know trust me. Every day I ask my dh if he is ready to go to MO. You would think almost 2 acres would be enough. BUT working on a hill just bites big time. I am happy with my raised beds for now. But eventually I would like a big square flat veggie patch.

:fl