Out with the Old, In with the New

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You inspired me. Today I left a letter for pick up in my mailbox. On top I placed an indivually packaged pack of Lance cheese &pnutbutter crackers, with a "thank you"
Sticker attached. 😊Hope they aren't allergic to p-nuts. 🤔. It's the thought! 👍

Last edited:

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You inspired me. Today I left a letter for pick up in my mailbox. On top I placed an indivually packaged pack of Lance cheese &pnutbutter crackers, with a "thank you"
Sticker attached. 😊Hope they aren't allergic to p-nuts. 🤔. It's the thought! 👍
Im sure your carrier will appreciate it. I know some carriers have told me they will get gifts at christmas. I plan on giving mine something this year, too, now that I know how difficult it can be!

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Did RR11 today. Got done fairly early by my standards. Got out by 9am and was done delivering by 2:45pm. 😁 I tried a different method of preparing the packages so I could keep them in order. Little more work but it helped me keep from spending alot of time looking for it.
The route is getting a Metris, the new mini van type delivery vehicles. I dont really like them but we will have to use those instead of our personal vehicles, or POVs.
On the one hand, though, it will be thier gas instead of mine, especially with the rising prices. It will make it easier to load really big boxes.
On the other hand, I wont have my nice big windows to see whats coming behind me when I need to pull out. I will have to really pay attention to the mirrors. I told the postmaster and John I didnt want to be the first person to put a ding or scratch on it.
At least it has power windows and air conditioning.
And a backup camera.
Next week I will be driving it Wed thru Sat as John will be taking some time off. I may be a little slower with the van as I dont want to get in trouble knicking it up.

Last edited:

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yesterday I come in expecting to do RR13 since that was on the schedule. I am at the case putting the mail in order and marking the packages when Im told that Im doing ALL of RR10. Ive done parts of it but not all.
So Im freaking out internally a little bit because of the change in plans but two if the other RCAs are casing the mail and marking the packages and all I have to do is pull it down and load up.
So Im out on the route and really not that far into it when the Jeep starts acting up. It starts doing this shuddering thing and two images on the dash screen keep popping up. One us a flashing red lightening bolt type image and the other was the one where your back end is slidding like if your on ice?
It will run ok for a while then those images pop up. Check engine light stays on.
Oh boy.
I call my supervisor and tell him whats happening. We decide for me to come back and switch out to an LLV which is now available but wasnt that morning and go back out to continue the route.
I come back after finishing the part Im on and get the van. I leave but have to come right back because I forgot my phone.
Continue where I left off and just do what I can. Alot of the route Ive never done before so it was a little confusing. I brought back alot of letter mail because I either missed the darn box or missed some pulling it out of the case. Hate it when I do that.
I didnt get done til almost 5:30. Partly due to the time lost coming back for the van and partly because I was trying to understand the flow of the route I hadnt done before. I hope those scanners dont record voices because there was alot of cussing going on in that LLV.
My Mom is going to come over to follow me to the mechanics this morning to drop of the Jeep so they can figure out whats going on. I just hope its nothing major.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
At least it’s under warranty. One of those extended bumper to bumper warranties might be a good idea.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Just got a call from the mechanic. Its going to need a new throttle body, pvc valve and hose, and Im having them fix the hinges on the back door so its easier to open. It had a huge vaccuum leak also and thats why it started running rough. At least its nothing worse than that.