Out with the Old, In with the New

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You don't need the mechanic bills I have paid the last couple months. New engine and trans in the forester, a reworked nearly near engine in the outback.... but they weren't doing me any good sitting and I at least can sell one now. Next is some work on the ranger 4x4 but that is in the ignition/starter area....not thousands of dollars....gotta get a new battery in the outback since the old one was weak and been sitting and now won't hold a charge.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I hate spending the money but I need the Jeep for work. The timing couldnt of been better as far as this happening because all this week I have to do Johns route since he is taking off. We have the Metris to drive so the Jeep being in the shop til Friday is fine. If we didnt have the van it would of been a bad week.
Told my Mom that I guess I have to spend the rest of my refund. 🤣

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Been doing RR11 two days now and have been doing good on time. Big improvement from when I first started this job. Yay! :celebrate
Today the Postmaster asked me which route I wanted as a secondary. I wasnt sure what to say :idunnosince I hadnt really done any other routes by myself except 11 and 10 on Monday.
She said they would train me a little more then I could decide. I had answered 13 as a joke because that route only takes me two and a half hours. 🤣
I had then said 12 but she said that someone else already asked for it. Darn it. 🙁
I think I wouldnt mind doing 10 again since I sort of know how the whole route goes now, but it might be better to do a few more routes to get to know which ones I like and which ones Id rather not do again. 🤣
I might ask John which one he thinks since he has done several before he got 11.
I know this one lady has asked me about subbing for her. I may just get a line of travel and check it out and see. :hu
On one hand, though, is that route is 92 miles long. With gas prices possibly going thru the roof, I may not take her up on that.
Im sure after this week the PM will put me on a few routes to train on then I can decide.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Before I left on Wed to do R11, I had to give them a choice on a secondary route, so I picked R10.
When I came back, I was told someone already had picked 10 and was suggested to take R2, so I said ok.
Now after talking to an older carrier there, they told me I could switch and sub for R12, which would become my primary instead of R11, take R11 as my secondary, and then choose a another route as my third choice.
I submitted a request again to either have 12 or 10 as my second, and 2 as my third, but I think it wont be accepted.
John switched his day off to Sat so I wont be doing his route on Weds anymore.
I checked the schedule yesterday and saw they have me going to Gallatin Wed thru Fri next week. 😡
I dont see why I have to go clear over there when I could stay here and learn other routes.
Im ticked (insert proper cuss word here) off.
I also found out from my supervisor that I could of been using an LLV for R13. No one told me there was a vehicle assigned to that route. So from now on if its available, Im using it. Waste thier gas, not mine.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Only getting 4 days this week. Picked up a route near my home Tuesday. Just an auxillary route that didnt take long.
They want me to go to Hendersonville since they need help there. I really dont want to go but may have to. I told them I wouldnt go unless I was forced to but aftet talking to a friend, they advised me to just do it.
In fact, thier words were..."just suck it up and go"....so I guess I'll tell them after thinking about it, I'll go to help out.
I got a letter in the mail telling me my training pay is terminated....meaning that I wont get paid for every hour Im on a route. If the route is evaluated at 6 hours to do, and I take 8 hours to do it, I only get paid for the 6 hours.
So I need to step it up. 😁
Im off today and got the garden tilled again. I fixed the wire on the tiller you pull back with the handle to make it move with another wire wrapped around it and it worked to let me get it tilled good.
The wires need replacing and the tires are trying to come off. I will have to take it in and have them replace the wire cable and re-inflate the tires and grease the rims so the seal stays.
Now to planting veggies. Im glad I was able to do it today. Later on we are suppose to get a bad storm. If I had waited it would of been another week before I could till it.
Next Wed my rabbit, Belle, is due to have kits. After I get paid Friday I am getting some oil to change in my power washer and hopefully clean the hutches. They havent been washed since last Nov. Its been too cold to use it til now. Time for spring cleaning.

Last edited:

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Went from being off til Thursday to working today and tomorrow running R2. Yesterday I called around and was set up to go to Gallatin on Wed and Cedar Hill today. Not 5 minutes later my supervisor called me to tell me to come in today and Wed now. Im going.....WTF? first he tells me probably wont be getting to much work cause no ones taking off and to call other offices to see if they need help. Now its," hey come in today."
I just happened to be heading into town to pick up lunch I ordered then was going to dry run R2 to get more familiar with the route.
When I was doing that, I ran into the guy who normally does the route.
He said, "Are you following me?"
I said, "Not intentionally. I thought you would have at least a 3 hour head start on your route so I wasnt expecting to see you."
I explained what I was doing and why and he said, " well you can just follow me if you want." So I said if you dont mind, so I did.
He didnt even get out of the office until 11 am yesterday. There was alot of mail.
Considering that, he still got done by 4:30 and I had run into him about 1pm.
I dont know what part of the route they will have me do today but at least Im learning it. He wasnt even aware they were going to have me come in to do this today. He said no one had discussed it with him. Not sure what to think about that but thats what Im supposed to do today.
He said he is off tomorrow so Im not sure if Im doing thd whole thing tomorrow or its being split. Guess I'll find out.
Have a lingering allergy cough and cold combo since Friday. Trying not to cough around the office so they dont make me go do a C test. Aint gonna happen.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Not doing R2 at all today. Supervisor called me last night and told me Im doing R6, a route, yet again, I have never been on. Here, for the past 2 days, Ive been trailing the guy who does R2 so Im familiar with the route, and they put me on a route Im not familiar with.
Apparently, the guy who does R8 got hurt, so the sub who has that route as thier primary will be doing his route. Someone else will be doing 2. I dont know why they cant do 6 and me 2, but whatever.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Not doing R2 at all today. Supervisor called me last night and told me Im doing R6, a route, yet again, I have never been on. Here, for the past 2 days, Ive been trailing the guy who does R2 so Im familiar with the route, and they put me on a route Im not familiar with.
Apparently, the guy who does R8 got hurt, so the sub who has that route as thier primary will be doing his route. Someone else will be doing 2. I dont know why they cant do 6 and me 2, but whatever.
Sounds like they know you can adapt and learn new routes. 💓 soon you will know all of them! :hugs