Out with the Old, In with the New

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
UPS left a $700 package at the end of our long driveway in a snowbank today so at least she’s better than whoever the UPS driver was today !

I would be so frustrated with your job if I were you, I really hope it gets easier for you and soon!
Uggh! We had issues with our UPS driver for years. Small town problems - he would deliver packages addressed to me at home to DH at his work address to save driving time.

He (assuming same delivery driver, don't know for sure) delivered a box of heirloom family quilts in the snowbank, in the ditch ACROSS THE ROAD from my driveway. My driveway is 1/4 mile long. He yeeted that box into the ditch! on the far side of the road!! :mad:

We took photos and reported it to corporate. Funny, we haven't had any annoying UPS deliveries to DH's work since so I assume it was our regular UPS driver that did it :hu

Delivering mail and packages is an important job! sure some of it is amazon junk, but also life-saving medications, food boxes for shut-ins, etc. You're doing good work @Rammy 🥰

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I do deliver alot of packages that are clearly medications. You can tell by the rattle of pills and you can feel the bottles sometimes if they are in that plastic baggie stuff.
Sometimes the small boxes will fit in the mailbox, sometimes not. If it does, Im like,"Yay!" because I dont have to get out if the Jeep. 😁

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Today I did RR13 then came back and did part of RR2. Did ok except I couldnt find the box for this house. Went all the way down the road, turned around, came back to the beginning, and saw the stupid box on the oppsite side of thd road in thier driveway. 😡
So then things go pretty smoothly til I get almost to the end again, when I realize I missed another box.
Same thing. Opposite side in the driveway. Really? :he (sigh)
So I get to the end of the road where Im suppose to turn around for real and head back down to do the opposite side. Again, box up in the driveway. :th
Things go smoothly again as I go down the next road. Miss the road I was to turn on after that because the mail continued in order of the road I was currently on. I get to the end of the road Im on going....where the bleep is this road?
Waze to the rescue. Get to the road I missed ( this is becoming frustrating) and get that mail delivered. Start coming back out and realize I missed 2 package deliveries. :barnie
Back I go.
Finally get to the end of that road back to the one I just turned off of and continue. Now Id already had gotten to the end of this road when I realized I missed the one I had 2 packages on, and had delivered mail to some of those boxes already. As I go down this part if the road I had already delivered nail to, I find more mail in sequenced order for the same boxes?
The DPS was out if order. I think thats why I missed the road I had to go back to that I had missed those packages on.
Pretty frustrating when you try to follow the mail according to how its sequenced and it takes you on a wild goose chase. :duc

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Today I did RR13 then came back and did part of RR2. Did ok except I couldnt find the box for this house. Went all the way down the road, turned around, came back to the beginning, and saw the stupid box on the oppsite side of thd road in thier driveway. 😡
So then things go pretty smoothly til I get almost to the end again, when I realize I missed another box.
Same thing. Opposite side in the driveway. Really? :he (sigh)
So I get to the end of the road where Im suppose to turn around for real and head back down to do the opposite side. Again, box up in the driveway. :th
Things go smoothly again as I go down the next road. Miss the road I was to turn on after that because the mail continued in order of the road I was currently on. I get to the end of the road Im on going....where the bleep is this road?
Waze to the rescue. Get to the road I missed ( this is becoming frustrating) and get that mail delivered. Start coming back out and realize I missed 2 package deliveries. :barnie
Back I go.
Finally get to the end of that road back to the one I just turned off of and continue. Now Id already had gotten to the end of this road when I realized I missed the one I had 2 packages on, and had delivered mail to some of those boxes already. As I go down this part if the road I had already delivered nail to, I find more mail in sequenced order for the same boxes?
The DPS was out if order. I think thats why I missed the road I had to go back to that I had missed those packages on.
Pretty frustrating when you try to follow the mail according to how its sequenced and it takes you on a wild goose chase. :duc
Not a good day!

:hugs

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Not a good day!

:hugs
Nope! On a route I know, its easily fixed. But on a route Ive never been on, even though I was only doing the last half, thats aggravating! :barnie

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Give yourself some credit... you are already saying things like "on a route I know".... you are DOING THIS ... and you can only do the best you can on a route you don't know. I am very impressed... and as it has become apparent... getting the mail in the right order when it is being "pulled" and put into your flats, to have it in order so when you go to a box you are not sorting or looking though stuff for it, is obviously very important.
I give you lots of credit....

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Give yourself some credit... you are already saying things like "on a route I know".... you are DOING THIS ... and you can only do the best you can on a route you don't know. I am very impressed... and as it has become apparent... getting the mail in the right order when it is being "pulled" and put into your flats, to have it in order so when you go to a box you are not sorting or looking though stuff for it, is obviously very important.
X a million!

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks. My Mom says Im too hard on myself. But it pushes me to do better next time.