Out with the Old, In with the New

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:rantDrama alert!
Did Amazon Sunday, as I always do..... :oops: .....yesterday I didnt have to be there til 9 am as I was "second shift". The people scheduled to be there at 8:30 am are supposed to sort the packages and have everything in order, loaded in the truck your using, and ready to go when you get there.
Well, this time, as I can't stand to sit at home waiting, I go on early to get my key to the vehicle Im using, went and filled up my car, got breakfast.....came back about 8:15.....
One person on what I call A1 was there sitting outside while the clerk inside was marking the packages with the numbers we use to put them in order.
Finally go inside and its not until 9:15 am the two A1 people even start sorting. Mind you, we are supposed to be out the door by 9 am. :smack
By the time they even get 2 routes sorted, its 10 am.:he
I grab the route Im doing after double checking that the right packages are there and just go.
I got done about 1:30....had 63 stops but probably delivered around 75 packages because some stops got 2 or more packages. :th
I get done and call the clerk to see if anyone needs help, which is normal practice, and am told to go get everything another carrier has and finish thier route because they have to go to Hendersonville. :(
I call this person and tell them Im on the way. Needless to say, they weren't happy about it and complained as to why I wasn't being sent since I was done. I said, "I don't know, but Im on my way."
I keep trying to find them on that route but each time I called and they told me where they were, I'd get there and they weren't.
I get to the office and he is complaining to the clerk about how he is tired of being treated this way......he is transfering to another office anyway........maybe.......
I'm home and get a call from my supervisor asking me how things went....and I tell him about last Sunday and what happened this Sunday....and told him he could verify it with the clerk since she was witness to it.
He then tells me that the carrier who was told to go to Hendersonville went rogue as he put it and did not go. Instead he went home and went to dinner with his family.:ep
Ohhhhhh my.........you know. Big no no.
I said well he probably doesn't care because he's transfering to another office. Supervisor said he might not be going anywhere.....if you understand what that means.....
This carrier is supposed to be on Amazon today because its a holiday. Im off.....but Id love to be a fly on the wall......:hide

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
First week as a regular went pretty well. Thursday was a bear.......the day after Amazon prime......had to make two trips to get all the packages in my Jeep. It was stuffed to the rafters both times. I could only get the first 4 rows in the first trip. I delivered most if them to where I do my turn around.....drove back to the office and loaded up again. Lots of big boxes. Two of them I stacked ontop of each other and barely had room between them and the roof.
I still got done about 4:30 pm.
The next two days I was able to get everything into the Jeep, but it was stuffed again. Had to do alot of unloading to get packages out because of how I had to load.
Once I got some widdled down, it was a little easier finding stuff.
Ive been saving up to get another vehicle for a backup in case something happens to this one and has to go into the shop. Also for days like Thursday where there are alot of large packages.
Christmas is coming up so Im going to need it.
Im getting more comfortable casing the route. Still have to hunt and peck a little but the more I do it, the easier it will be.
Yesterday, I pulled mail from a box that clearly the house is vacant. I will hold it ten days and if its not claimed by then, it will be sent back.
There are several boxes that the previous carrier just kept putting mail in that are vacant. So I have to clean it up a little at a time.
Hopefully, there are two routes that will be eliminated and put on other routes. Mine will probably be one of them. That will build my route up and I'll make more money.
The boxes that are vacant will be dropped and that determines how much you make. With another route being cut and/ or eliminated and added to mine will build my route back up.
But so far so good.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I never went to drs for sprains much either... but do yourself a favor and wrap in an ace bandage to give it support and it will help to keep the swelling down while sitting in the vehicle so much... and try to get out and walk on it a little to keep the circulation going and that will help with the swelling. A little support from wrapping it will help to not "overdo it" as the muscles and ligaments try to heal... Take it from one who has had numerous sprains over the years.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I never went to drs for sprains much either... but do yourself a favor and wrap in an ace bandage to give it support and it will help to keep the swelling down while sitting in the vehicle so much... and try to get out and walk on it a little to keep the circulation going and that will help with the swelling. A little support from wrapping it will help to not "overdo it" as the muscles and ligaments try to heal... Take it from one who has had numerous sprains over the years.
I do have some wrap to use. Being on the route I have to get out alot to deliver packages to the porch, so that keeps the circulation going. The swelling has gone down alot from Friday so it will be fine in a couple days.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hope your ankle is doing ok now. :)
It still hurts a little after two months almost. Can still see some swelling but I can walk on it so not worried.
On another note......guess what happend to me on the route Tuesday? I was about halfway done when I went to turn around in this driveway to deliver a package......when to my shock.....the original drivers side steering wheel fell off!
I couldn't turn. The cable stretching between the original drivers steering wheel and the new one was off, too. I tried putting it back on to finish my turn but it kept falling off.
I called my mechanic and he sent his son and another guy from the garage to fix it.
They were able to put it back on and get it to hold long enough to drive into town to O'Reilley's to get a bolt that attaches the steering wheel to the driving column.
When they were trying to get the steering wheel back on, they had noticed it was missing. We looked but couldn't find it.
I could not believe the steering wheel fell off! Im glad I wasn't driving 60 miles an hour down the main highway when it happened!
Sooooo.....it's back at the shop......again. I think someone is trying to tell me something.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Here is the Jeep Im getting.
Screenshot_20211225-081100_Messages.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211225-081109_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20211225-081109_Messages.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 195