Out with the Old, In with the New

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The difference with right side driving in Europe is the driver is still in the middle of the road as opposed to alongside the ditch... You drive on the opposite side of the road as we learn here... but you are not skimming the ditches... Here, most learn to drive an automatic; sitting on the right side with the controls on the left, and the left foot controling the gas and the brake. One friend had 2 steering wheels so she could drive from either side... like what the driving schools have for the instructor to be able to control in case of an emergency.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You did the right thing. You will master the driving. You will love this job and I’m pretty sure the money is better and you’ll like that too. You got this!

Several people have retired from my local post office. There is actually a help wanted poster on the door.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I found some factory rims with 18" tires on CL Im probably going to get for $350. I need to ask my mechanic how much it would cost to take the lift kit off and replace with these rims and tires. Id rather have it like it was before whoever put this on it after they bought it. I think I'll feel safer.
My mechanic is also going to see about raising the seat so I can look over the dashboard and hood. 😁

Last edited:

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Happy New Year to all.
Monday I start my orientation for three days, then driving class,( I guess on how to properly drive up to a mailbox) 🤣, then training at my post office I will be working at.
Jeep still at the shop. Nothing wrong with it, they just havent gotten to it yet to check it over. The one mechanic there with the factory Jeep rims and tires will put them on for me. He said they'd look for springs and shocks off a Jeep someone took off thiers to put a lift kit on and swap them out.
Here Im taking off a lift kit. My brother isnt happy Im doing that but I dont like that high gravity on it. Scary. Plus its not going to cost me anything
The kit, tires, and rims are worth way more than the replacements Im getting, so I think Im getting a good deal.

Happy_New_Year-wallpaper-10118646.jpg

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So all last week of December here, its been raining every day and the temperatures were in the upper 60s to mid 70s. Unusual for this time of year.
Today, Sunday, temperatures are expected to be in the mid 40s. Pretty good swing in the temps. Possible frozen mix and windy.
Yesterday was very windy from the front pushing through. It blew some branches off the pine tree and maple trees. I seriously need to call the people who put on my gutters to see if they can come redo one downspout to make it so I can fill my 275g totes I bought for collecting rain water for the garden.
I got my faucet fixed in the kitchen because it was leaking bad. They put a new piece in to replace the old one due to hardwater corrosion. Noticed yesterday its leaking again like before. Guess I need to spend some more money. 😥
Chickens have started laying good again. Not sure now, though, if its because if the warm spell we've had or the lights on the timer I have in the coop. 🐓🥚
Spent all last week cleaning the house. Its nice to know your house is clean in every nook and cranny. I move stuff and do baseboards, the whole 9 yards. Too bad it doesnt last long. 😂

Last edited:

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we've been getting single digits. 7F when I got up yesterday, I didn't check this morning.
It warmed up to 40 today but Wed night/Thursday morning its going to be in the teens. 🥶 And more snow. ❄❄