Out with the Old, In with the New

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I finally did it. I quit my job of 10 years at the veterinary hospital I worked at as a groomer. I have been grooming for almost 30 years, and finally decided I no longer wanted to do it.
The past couple years it has been getting harder on me physically. My hands are stiffening and I keep dropping stuff. Slight carple tunnel with tingling and feeling cold. I figured that I should stop now before I completely disabled myself and could no longer do anything.
A couple months ago, something happened that made me realize I needed to leave. I wanted to leave.
One day, the rural carrier that delivers the mail left a card in the box. The P. O. was hiring carriers. I applied. I was offered a RCA position ( rural carrier assistant) at the office near my home. I accepted.
I start orientation on Jan. 3. I am getting a Jeep ( because you know you have to use a Jeep to deliver mail) 😏 on Monday from a private seller.
I am honestly a little scared, but excited to start this new chapter of my life. It was a long time coming.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Here is the Jeep Im getting.
Screenshot_20211225-081100_Messages.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211225-081109_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20211225-081109_Messages.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 182

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am thrilled for you! You haven't been happy there for a long time. It is a huge change in your life, and for the BETTER! This is great and a darn good excuse to get a jeep. One of the rural route carriers here drives an old hearse.

Latest posts