PamsPride's Journal-Free Kindle Downloads!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Glad to hear your chickie-doo meeting was a success. The eggs sound wonderful.

I have sterilized jars in the oven as well with good sealing success. For me it is easier to fill up a sterilized sink with boiling water and put the jars in and cover it with a foil-covered cutting board.

I was surprised you didn't have pics of the new outfits on your blog. But I sure did enjoy the pics you have posted. Sorry your JBG roo is going to freezer camp. I think they are terrific birds.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hey Pam your meeting sounds like it was fun. Always good to learn something new. That doc and her gizmo sound interesting. I wonder what it would say abut me??? :hide

have a great day!!!

gina

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
Hey Pam your meeting sounds like it was fun. Always good to learn something new. That doc and her gizmo sound interesting. I wonder what it would say abut me??? :hide

have a great day!!!

gina
Gina, being that you are in CA you probably have someone near you that has one.
It is offered through Nature's Sunshine Products. I am sure if you called them they would probably be able to help you get in contact with someone in your area that has one. It is mainly geared toward just their products....like only gives you a print out of things that will help you that are products that they offer.

I was suprised mine said vitamin C in powdered form and then two other herbs I had never heard of.
My 12 yo had a LONG list of herbs. 14 yo was 3 herbs...mostly to help with circulation and metabolism. 10 yo showed that he had a very strong old virus in his spleen. Showed up on the gizmo thing and in his eyes. Then nerve control...his was a list of like 6 herbs. 7 yo had like 3 herbs...all for stress in the stomach and then lower bowel stuff.
The gizmo thing tests for 76 different things.

ETA: Here is a link about it:
http://www.healthyyounaturally.com/homebusiness/zyto_compass_natures_sunshine.asp

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I know I haven't been on here in FOREVER but I wanted to pop in and give an update.
We got two purebred Nubian does on Monday. Amber is years old and is in milk. Her daughter Lily is one year old. There are pictures on my blog.
Hand milking for the first time has been an experience! Amber kicked the milk jar over when I was just about done milking her for the second time Tuesday morning. This morning she milked out wonderfully! She is only giving a pint right now.

I hatched out 5 turkey poults this week from my own turkeys. I was reading on here a while back about weighing your produce and then attaching a mental value to your work. Does hatching 5 turkeys at what would be $7 a piece to buy count as 'making' $35? LOL!

I went to Lehman's and around through Amish country last week with my mom and a couple friends. We had a great time. I got a well bucket and a dozen 1/2 gallon jars and some more material for making outfits for the girls!
So far my potatoes and tomatoes in my garden look great! I am getting about 11 eggs a day from my chickens.
I have not been doing very much sewing. I want a new sewing machine, which my husband said I could go get after we catch up on some medical bills. We finally got our income tax return last week so that has given us some breathing room.

We have been washing most of our laundry by HAND! That has actually been easier and quicker than I thought it would be.

My 14 yo has been working down to the neighbors house. I volunteered him for the experience...you know 'cause I am such a nice mom! They are working on building a barn. The neighbor, George, is an old farmer and has tons of knowledge and wisdom he can impart to my DS! The first day when he came home my DH asked if he had fun and he said "It was work Dad! It was not fun! Work is not Fun!" In true teenage fashion! George and my DS are going to build me a new goat house! They are getting the wood from out of George's woods and then sawing it on his sawmill! My kids and I have been discussing a farm business plan and I had been trying to talk to my oldest about having a sawmill and he just looked at me like 'What is the point? Just go to Home Depot and buy wood!" But once he got to use George's sawmill he was hooked! Came home telling me exactly how he would set up his sawmill!!! Somethings they just have to experience for themselves!
I think that is the major things that have been going on here. If I think of something else I will have to come back and add it.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hi Pam, good to see you around. I saw the pictures of your goats on your blog. I just love them. Those ears are just so irresistible!! :love

I guess you opted for goats in the milking department. Last I remember you were thinking about a cow. Goats seem to be the going thing around the forum. Lots of people milking for the first time. Seems to be woking great for them.

Your teenager sounds like a teenage!!! :D

I did a bit of sewing a few weeks ago. I am trying to make some more feminine skirts for myself and my girls. I had 1 yard of 45in width floral and I managed matching skirts for both of my girls. Cute, cute, cute!!!

I hope all else is well for you and your family.

gina

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I looked and looked for a milk cow in my area and they are just out of my price range.
Gina, your skirts sound adorable!!

The kids and I have been talking pretty much nonstop about a farm business plan that we have. It seems like the only thing we are lacking is the money to buy land!

We are doing traditional homeschooling now. We were in an online school before. My oldest DS has two more years of homeschooling, he is going into 9th grade, and then he will be attending the local trade school his 11th and 12th grade year for electrician. He is getting really excited about it! I also want him to take some small engine repair classes while he is attending there.
Right now our family goal is to buy a big enough piece of property that all of our families can live on. We hope to eventually be able to make enough money for the men folk to not have to work outside of the farm. Right now that dream just seems so far away.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
PAM!! I was just thinking about you the other day, wondering where you've been and how you are!

You need to make sure I have your phone number - so that the next time you disappear for 6 months I can call and make sure you're OK!!!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I am on Facebook pretty regularly. BillandPam Ritter
I need to get my blog updated! I am 7 months behind on it!! I fell so far behind on it that it seems overwhelming to update it. I need to just start it off from today and forget about trying to catch it up! LOL!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Good to hear from you, Pam! Sounds like life is going smoothly for you as well; congratulations on the Nubians. They are beautiful girls.

What a wonderful opportunity for your oldest ds!! Years from now, I am sure he will look back at this fondly - and possibly use as a parent himself! :lol: