PamsPride's Journal-Free Kindle Downloads!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I got 2 1/2 gallons of spaghetti sauce made last night for a total of 3 1/2 gallons + one pint. I need to get some more 1/2 canning jars because they are the perfect size for spaghetti sauce for my family and they are so much quicker than quart or pints for sauce.

The goat house is coming together nicely. My oldest two and the neighbor worked most of the day yesterday on the roof.

I have to get the boys tests done this week so that I can get their homeschooling permission papers turned in.

We were able to get like 20 loads of horse manure from the neighbor for our perennial beds. We just need to get it tilled in so that it does not burn up the plants. My MIL gave me a box full of Lilly of the Valley's for me plant yesterday.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Composted horse manure is my gardens new best friend!! I add a bit of Pete moss to help it retain water but other than that I love it!!!

g

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Prayers for your family. :hugs

Our friends Don & Joy just had to stop doing their Amish taxi business due to health issues, so I can imagine what your parents are going through.

Please keep us updated on your sister and parents, Pam.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
keljonma said:
Prayers for your family. :hugs

Our friends Don & Joy just had to stop doing their Amish taxi business due to health issues, so I can imagine what your parents are going through.

Please keep us updated on your sister and parents, Pam.
Thank you!
(I had a long post written out but I decided not to post it because people I know IRL frequent BYC so I need to watch what I say in case they come over here. I don't want the info to be to personal and get back to my parents.)
I finally took pictures of the goat house and the baby turkeys but of course I can not find my camera cord!! :barnie

We are in the process of getting our testing done to reapply for homeschooling. I don't think we are going to start school until the second week in September because I want to go camping the week of Labor Day. I am thinking most families will be back to work and school and the traditional camping season will be over and it will be nice and quiet at the campground. I am NOT ready for school to start!!!! This is the first year I have felt like this!! I have been so busy this summer that I feel like we barely had a break! Hopefully I will feel like digging in after our camping trip. I will be homeschooling 5 of my 6 children this year. My mom is trying to get a job so she will no longer be teaching my 8 yo and my 5 yo starts this year.

I am getting ready to dry Amber off so that I can get both goats bred in October. I still need to find a buck.

Update on the neighbor property line fence: We have our property line fence posts in, the line is not strung yet. Our goat fencing is up and running and is 6' off the line. There was a tree that was 6' off the line that the neighbor planted and when DH was putting up the goat fence, I was cooking dinner, he cut it down!! The neighbor bought a Zero Turn mower and was out there mowing herself!!! I couldn't believe it!! They have been paying someone to mow their lawn for a LONG time!! They still have not said anything to us. But my other neighbors have commented that our posts look real nice!
The roof on the goat house should be done on Monday! 14 yo is going on a camping trip tomorrow and will be gone all weekend so they can not work on it again until then. But it has been nice being able to put the goats in their pen during the day so they can have nice green grass/weeds to eat!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Awesome goat house! So cool that they even made the boards themselves. The farmer next door to me did a huge barn this way, starting with hemlocks from his land. It is so cool, I so enjoyed watching the progress of the building.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Pam, your children are picture perfect. They are the image of kids I see when I dream of my little ones growing up in the country. Oh and baby girl is so big. It seems like she was just born. Your 14yo has sure matured. I remember him as a skinny little book worm. He has definitely grown up a lot. You are doing an amazing job with your children!!! What a blessing!!!!

The goat house looks great. I love the fact that your son milled the trees. I am sure it is a great source of pride for him.

I need to go back and look through more pictures. I have not seen the goats yet.

Have a great day!!! '

gina