PamsPride's Journal-Free Kindle Downloads!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Hey Pam! Nice to see you posting again :)

It sounds like you and your family have been pretty busy! Glad to hear that all is well :)

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I lost one of the turkey babies this evening so now I am down to 4. I am not entirely surprised because I helped it out of it's shells and it never really was strong.
Amber did fantastic milking this evening! I am definitely getting better at it too!
Tonight was our last evening for VBS at my MIL's church. Summer is going by so fast!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Try to stay cool! I hear that with the heat index temps are supposed to reach 99 today and tomorrow!! Thankfully, the weather is cooling down and by Sunday, we should be in the upper 80s.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Hey darlin'! Glad to hear everyone is doing well....we "officially" start homeschooling in August....getting some stuff together now. Kindergarteners just play all day right??? :lol:

Congrats on the goats, I am sooooo jealous! We were supposed to be getting some here too but I think we'll have to wait a bit. Their new pen is already half done, hubby just doesn't know it yet! :D

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Yep Lori! K's do play all day! :lol: My 5 yo is starting K this year.

It has been raining here most of the morning so it is a little cooler this afternoon, but the sun is coming it out and it is probably going to start heating up.

We are taking our van to the auto body shop this evening. So I will be without it for 3 days. My oldest, 14 yo, backed into a tree!

We bought an electric fence yesterday to put up for our goats! They will have a 650' pen. We are waiting for my oldest and the neighbor to get the goat house done and then the fence can be put up. We are planning on putting a fence line all the way down the front yard even though the pen will only be in the back yard. Our problem is that the neighbor planted pine trees ON the line several years ago and now they have encroached anywhere from 2' to 8' onto our property. Then their mower guy mows another 4' onto our property around the trees.
The previous owner had MAJOR land disputes about the property line. Our neighbor wanted to buy the "L" part of the property that goes behind his property and the deed is such that it can not be sold. So he just keeps encroaching with the trees and mowing. The neighbor also threatened to kill the previous owner and their kids as well as called CPS on them. That is just not stuff I want to deal with! We are so sick of their rot mix coming onto our property and scaring the kids and our animals. We borrowed my brother's metal detector so we can try and find the surveyor pins that are in the ground to determine the correct line. We think the neighbor may have pulled them out.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
I have heard that if he is using the property and you don't have a survey done or register a complaint, it is possible that the land could be considered his. It doesn't seem right to me, but I am just passing along what I was told. You may want to have your property surveyed if you cannot find the original survey posts.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
We found the surveyor pins. We were actually off on the one pin so his trees are no where near as close down the one line as we though. We have spray painted stakes and put them over the pins to 'tell' him that we clearly know where the line is before we put up our fence. We marked our fence out and have now begun digging our holes for our corner posts.

My DH is building me a second clothes line right now. Seems 100' of clothes line just is not enough! We need 200'! When we do laundry by hand I like to do a LOT at a time and we can only do as much as we have room to hang them.

I went to a garage sale today and got 12 outfits for the baby, a pair of swim trunks for my oldest and a push car bug for the baby, and a stuffed animal for my 8 yo for $20 today. The clothes are like brand new! Some still had the tags on them! The lady said she was just packing it all up and sending what was left to the Mission tomorrow. I asked her if I could come back at the end of her garage sale, since we take our extras to the Mission also, and she said I could and she would make me bag deal on what is left. She only lives a block from me so it will not be that big of a deal to return. All of the clothes were size 18 months! Perfect for my baby girl for this winter and even next spring/summer!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
DH got my second clothes line done today! :ya I washed enough laundry by hand this evening to fill up both sets of lines!

I helped my mom send 10 roosters to freezer camp this morning. My BIL came over to help and showed me how to get the insides all cleaned out. I am sure if I HAD to do it by myself I could not. We mostly just need to get some good sharp knives and ax.

One of my neighbors, Rich, is coming over tomorrow with his tractor and an auger we are borrowing from another neighbor, Mick, to dig the holes for our electric fence. It will be so nice to have the fence up! My oldest spent most of the day getting logs with another neighbor, George, and cutting them up on his sawmill for our goat house. My oldest and George are taking a break from building George's barn because George's son is going back to work this week and not going to be helping. So they are going to be working on my goat house all week!! :celebrate

Today was absolutely gorgeous!! 80F and beautiful!