PamsPride's Journal-Free Kindle Downloads!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I was reading the thread on making money on a small acreage and I really like that post on the perennials! My DH said we can put raised beds in and start dividing up the perennials that we have now and get them multiplying so we have the option of selling them in 2 years! We have a half an acre that is over our septic system that we are not using for anything else and I think it will be a perfect spot for starting these! Right now we have black eyed susans, 4 different colors of hostas, 2 types of ornamental grasses, day lilies, Lilly of the Valley, peonies, and 2 types of vining ground covers to start with.
We will also have a 5' long section between the goat fence and the property line fence that we can plant some in too.

My oldest DS had camp this weekend so he did not get the goat house done yet. They have two more walls to get done.
Tomorrow we are going to be working on the fence some more.
We have my sister's 8 yo DS for the weekend. She has not been feeling well since she had her baby a month ago. They did an u/s of her heart and they told her it was weakened when she had the baby. They put her on some steroids and water pills and told her that if she did not get the water from around her heart....or something like that...that it could lead to congestive heart failure. She is extremely out of shape...as in walking to the bathroom is enough to wipe her out! She just lays in bed and watches tv ALL day. She is 31 years old and has 4 kids.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
We got 3 wall pulls up on my goat house! We are hoping to get the 4th wall up once it cools off this evening and then start on the roof! Maybe we can have the goats into their own pen by the end of the weekend!!

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Good job on the goat house :clap How is your sister doing now?

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
TTs Chicks said:
Good job on the goat house :clap How is your sister doing now?
The last I heard she was feeling better. She was on a water pill and once she got a lot of the fluid out she started to feel better. But, she still has not changed her lifestyle.

We now have all 4 sides up on the goat house! It is huge!! I will be able to fit a whole herd of goats in it!!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
Pictures??? :caf
Sigh....I know, I know!! I need to get my camera battery charged. I am such a slacker!

I talked to my neighbor yesterday and she said I could have all the horse manure I wanted to go get! She said some of it has already been there so long it is black!! SWEET! I am going to get my 11 and 13 yo started on it this coming week!

My sister is supposed to go to a heart doctor today so I may hear something later.
My mom has been majorly stressing and could use some prayers. They have a LOT of medical bills to pay and my dad had to quit his job today because he has been getting to dizzy, seeing double, and has passed out. He drives for the Amish and he is afraid of passing out or causing an accident with them in the van. My dad is on oxygen 24/7 and can not even hardly walk across the house without feeling like he is going to pass out. Please keep them in your prayers.

We are heading out to get roofing for our goat house now!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
The doctor's report on my sister: He is not sure if she had congestive heart failure or not. The fluid around her heart has gone down. He thinks that the amniotic fluid from the baby may have caused a blood clot that was sent to her heart. My mom says she is looking much better. She has to go back in two weeks for another check to make sure the fluid is continuing to go down.

We got the metal roofing for our goat house today. We got the rest of the insulators for our goat fence (don't ask how many times we have had to go back to TSC to get all the stuff for this fence and exchange stuff.... enough that the clerk, David might be thinking I am going there just to see him because he is so cute!! :gig ) so I am HOPING to have the goats into their own pen by the end of the weekend. DH and the boys have to help paint a lady's garage from church tomorrow morning and then DH has to run the sound system for a wedding in the afternoon. So I am not sure how much we are going to get done tomorrow.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
The fence is up and on!! I have the song 'The Electric Slide' going through my head "It's electric!"
And exactly how long did it take for one of the goats to get out of the fence you ask? Ummm....about 10 seconds!! Lily was still in the other pen and Amber was not going to stay in her nice new fence by herself so she went right under it!!! She did not even care that she got zapped! The goats are totally lovin' being on all that nice fresh grass!! We have not mowed it for a couple of weeks just so it would get nice and high for them.

My 11 yo DS is on his 7th load of manure from the neighbors house!! I told him I would pay him .10 a load....I know that is slave labor but it is better than nothing! LOL! He got real blessed because the neighbor is back there with some kind of front end loader or something and is fill the trailer (that we pull behind the tractor) for him!! So he is not having to load it himself! It is nice black aged horse manure. I am planning on putting some perennials in it to get them all started in the 6' section between the fences.

My 5, 8, and 13 yo are back to the neighbors annoying, distracting, talk her ear off.....I mean helping her move rocks around. My 14 yo is weed whacking around the fence so it is nice and clear. Baby girl is taking a nap. 11 yo is hauling manure. I am not sure what DH is doing. So, it is nice and quiet here!

I candled the other set of turkey eggs that were in the 'bator the other day and it looked like only 4 were developed, due to hatch Monday. One started hatching last night and when I checked on it this morning it had not made it. So far no signs of pipping from the other eggs.

I also canned up a gallon plus a pint of spaghetti sauce last night. That was all of the tomatoes that were ripe in my garden so far. So, I put it into two half gallon canning jars. Man, I love those things! Perfect size for our family!