PamsPride's Journal-Free Kindle Downloads!

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
Yes, Congrats on your baby shower! How fun!! We are going to have a baby shower too, even though we have most everything we need. Except for Diapers....we can always use those! ...and clothes if it's a girl :weee :weee :weee Your baby shower is making me excited for mine!! :D I had the twins baby shower in the hospital. That was kind of cruddy to have it there, but it was cruddy to be there a month to begin with :lol:

Have fun!! :D

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I had a wonderful time at my 'sprinkle'!! The food was so yummy and my BFF sent me home with some of the chicken salad sandwhich stuff!! MMMmmmm!!!
We played two fun games. One was melting the candy bars in the diaper so it looks like baby poo and guess which candy bar it is. Betty, MIL, and myself got 2 out of 5 right. My mom did not get any right!! The second game was 13 items on a tray....my mom said "There is 12 items right?" So all I could come up with was 12 items. Then Jan (neighbor that made us lasagna) and DH's aunt Dee got 10 items. My mom made 6 handmade gifts.
We invited 24 people (not including my mom and BFF). At the party was my mom, BFF, DH's aunt Dee, MIL, Betty, and Jan...then me. I was VERY disappointed to say the least!!
I got a $50 Toy's R Us gc from Jan.
$40 Toy's R Us gc from MIL and a neat gift set with a book about the three gifts Jesus got....with three bottles with the gold, francinsis, and mhyrr in them.
A small super cute rabbit blankee and a princess outfit set....super cute!!! From Aunt Dee.
Betty got me a baby snow suit...which I NEEDED...a super soft sweater, a knit sweater/hat/bootie set, a baby blanket, and a Reindeer outfit for next Christmas.
BFF got me the 13 items that were on the try....spoons, socks, sippy cups, hats, wash clothes, blanket, baby tights, baby oil, 2 pink pooh pacifiers, a pooh bubble book, animal snack containers, q-tips, and one more thing that I can't remember.
My mom got me 5 Pooh onsies and $50.

I am going to use my Toy's R Us gc to get a carseat and I will probably use the cash to get some sort of portable swing or bouncy seat.
I had a wonderful time! We were all able to sit around my mom's kitchen table comfortably and chat without feeling like I left anyone out.
I got a cute pick of my BFF and I standing back to back to show off our baby bellies. She is only 15 weeks along. I need to get it uploaded to my blog.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
How exciting! It sounds like you got some good gifts. I know, I would be kind of bummed that not many people showed up. Especially if you've gone to everything they've ever had. I guess that's when you find out who your friends really are.

But then again, you probably wouldn't have had the opportunity to set and chat so much.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I posted a couple pics to my blog from today.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Oh my gosh, get the aquarium bouncy seat...has little fish toys that the baby can kick and it makes bubbles and gurgly sounds, vibrates, and plays music too! Both my kids lived in that thing! I think fisher price makes it....my daughter stayed in it until my husband was bouncing her one night at 2 in the morning and I heard a loud crack and she broke the metal leg in half. We used the heck out of that thing...she wouldn't touch the swing but she loved that bouncy seat. When she broke it she exceeded the weight limit quite a bit! I would put them outside on the porch in the shade and they would sleep out in the breeze and I could get out of the house and do some work in my garden or play with Tyler and she was sooooo peaceful and happy. I hated to throw that thing away but there was no way we could use it anymore, but we did manage to get the toys off of it and she still plays with them!

So glad to hear that you had a good time...don't be disappointed, the people that mattered the most were there! :hugs

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
Aaaww yay!! Fun baby shower!! I forgot about the game that you guess what candy bar it is. At my friends baby shower we ate baby food, and I picked the puree'd fruit cause I'ma smart one ;) I have a pic of me eating apricot baby food out of the jar. It's funny.

I know what you mean on the low turnout. That is a bummer. I had a decent amount of people that came to the baby shower for the twins, but I invited a whole bunch, and some of the ones that I was particularly close to didn't come. I think part of it could have been that it was at the hospital way downtown too. I know things like that can keep people away sometimes.

going to go look at your pictures :D

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
Cute pics too!! The pick of the lady with her finger in the bar and tasting it is too funny!! :gig

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Okiemommy said:
Cute pics too!! The pick of the lady with her finger in the bar and tasting it is too funny!! :gig
That was Betty, the lady that taught me how to sew! She is so fun!! I think that is why her and I get along so well! She is up for anything!