PamsPride's Journal-Free Kindle Downloads!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
DH and the boys are out shoveling the driveway again! 11 yo is out shoveling some of the chicken coop. DD is playing with toys in the living room all by herself and is as content as can be!

prairiegirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Inspite of the no shows, sounds like you had a nice "sprinkle" with those that really care. This little baby sure has some nice things. Sometimes, showers get so big they are kinda impersonal. KWIM??? So many people, you can't really visit with each one.

Glad to hear you're feeling good today. Have fun shopping.

I guess I'm out of the loop as far as baby showers. The diaper with the poop game, I need details please. How do you go about melting the candy bars? I'm planning a baby shower for my niece, she's our god daughter. Her baby is due middle of May

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Candy bar in the diaper game....get 5 or so diapers....if you buy a pack it is nice to give the leftovers to the expecting mother (my BFF kept the leftovers though because she is expecting). Then get 5 or so different chocolate candy bars put a piece in about the size of a reese's peanut butter cup and then melt it in the microwave until they are melted. She used Take 5, 100 Grand, Babe ruth, milky way, and reese's peanut butter cup. Number the diapers. Then pass them around and have people smell and look at them and see who can get the most candy bar flavors right....the bigger the party the more candy bar diapers/ varieties you should do that way there are less chances for a tie. They look real gross but, smell super yummy!!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I never had a bridal shower. No one bothered.

I had a baby shower thrown by my aunt in law. I didn't know anyone there except Aunt Juanita and my mom and granny.

I agree with you...I like my cyber friends better!

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
I was actually more upset Thursday night than what I am tonight. I was actually crying the other night....blaming that on hormones...because it felt like no one was going to come. They wrote Call for Regrets Only on the invite and 5 people called and I had talked to over half of the other people and not one mentioned whether they were coming or not....did not even bring it up at all. There are some days that I feel like a real outsider at my church....and today was definetly one of them! sad All of the people (5 of them) that called to say they were not coming did not even give a reason....just a simple I am not coming and that was it. I invited 20 people from my church and 4 from my family.....2 from my family and 2 from my church showed up.
Well you have several people(at least! :) ) on here that care about you and your fam, so just remember that. :hugs :hugs :hugs Sometimes God will minister to us through the body of Christ but it won't nessecarily be from our home church. Maybe that's to promote unity in the body.
I used to feel the same way, and sometimes still do. It would be nice to know that someones not just blowing me off. I have learned recently that many people don't like to give a reason why they can't make it b/c they don't want to feel like the importance of the reason is up for debate...so they keep it to themselves. I guess I can understand that, b/c if it was something that I had to do, but it was something that someone wouldn't consider as important...but I still had to do it; then I wouldn't want my decision to be scrutinized.

Man I know how you feel on that one. Sometimes it seems like the only interaction that anyone wants to get into is surface generalities. It seems to be an epidemic. Put on a happy smiling bless God face and act like everything's peachy. Well that's not reality. People crave deep meaningful relationships. It's just in our nature. Sorry I'll get off that soapbox :hide

Have fun shopping!!! :weee :weee :weee

QA that is terrible!!!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Just talked to my mom...she just got out of her weight loss class and she lost another 2.4 pounds. She lost 5 pounds last week. So, a total o 7.4 pounds so far for this contest. She is now down to 203.2 and she started out he first round at 248.8!! That is over 45 pounds!! Go mom!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Thanks KJM!! I am really happy for her! She is trying to talk me into joining her for the class starting in March. I ran it by DH today and he seemed to be ok with it. March will be right when I get off of my 6 week post partum and can really hit the exercising and stuff so I think I might join her. I would like to get down to 150 pounds and be in shape to start softball this summer. Then indoor soccer or volleyball in the fall.