Pancake syrup?!? What's on your pancakes?

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Emerald said:
I use mainly real maple syrup made by a relative. But I sometimes will put lots of butter and sprinkle sugar in the raw and a bit of fresh grated cinnamon stick.
There is a difference between corn syrup and high fructose corn syrup.
True, but my son's allergic to corn so both are out here...

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Maple syrup topped off with bacon :hide We do have some of the fake maple junk, but I won't eat it, it makes me ill. DH and DD eat that mess and PREFER it. :sick

calendula

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Maple syrup topped off with bacon :hide We do have some of the fake maple junk, but I won't eat it, it makes me ill. DH and DD eat that mess and PREFER it. :sick
:drool I love bacon with maple syrup on it.

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
calendula said:
Wannabefree said:
:drool I love bacon with maple syrup on it.
I'm so hungry now!!! All this talk of bacon (or any breakfast meat) with syrup...:drool

k15n1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Marianne said:
DH likes them with an egg on top (butter and syrup, too), but I have seen him smear peanut butter and grape jelly on them. Right now I have some leftover orange syrup from making candied orange peel the other day. I used it on waffles the next morning, reminds me of orange marmalade.
Fried egg?

Anyway, we use no-added-sugar applesauce, molassas, home-made maple syrup, jam, etc.

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
Bacon and maple syrup- one of the flavor matches made in heaven! We use real maple syrup I make from our own sugar maples every year. I can't eat the fake stuff anymore. Growing up we had Aunt Jemima syrup, or if we ran out, Karo (blech!). The karo just gummed up the pancakes and didn't really spread like syrup should. And it didn't have any flavor except "sweet" since we didn't add any flavoring to it.

Up here I don't eat syrup if there isn't real maple.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I am low carb so my pancakes are made with coconut flour or almond meal. As for topping, either strawberry chia jelly, real maple syrup (just a splash) or honey and butter. Lots and lots of butter :D

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
I make a BLT out of mine lol. Pancakes, stuffed with bacon and tomatoes, and pour on a little syrup.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Hmmmm, pancakes and tomatoes.....

I do make the flax meal pancakes someone shared (WZ?) a while ago and shape them into a rectangle in the pan. Then I put whatever I want and roll 'em up. Like unprocessed ham or turkey, swiss cheese or chevre. A drizzle of maple syrup sounds good. Some crumbled bacon. I smell lunch!!

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Yes. I have all the ingredients to do coconut meal pancakes and I have bacon... maybe next time it cools enough that I'm willing to turn the stove on....

I use pancakes more often under asian food (instead of rice) than I do as a breakfast food LOL. moo shoo everything!