Pancake syrup?!? What's on your pancakes?

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Yes....coconut pancakes makes a great moo shoo substitute. I made some with beef, onions and mushrooms with a cream gravy. I put the leftovers on a plate to have for lunch the next day. Hubby ate it :p his defense? "It was really good!!"

:gig

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
abifae said:
Yes. I have all the ingredients to do coconut meal pancakes and I have bacon... maybe next time it cools enough that I'm willing to turn the stove on....

I use pancakes more often under asian food (instead of rice) than I do as a breakfast food LOL. moo shoo everything!
Great idea!!

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Well, I prefer real maple syrup, but we tend to use blackberry syrup more often because the blackberries are free around here (invasive weeds). I have also made the faux maple syrup (brown sugar, butter, maple flavoring), but I favor the real maple syrup because I think it is healthier.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well being british our version of pancakes is actually closer to the french crepe, favorites for crepes is either nutella or simply lemon juce and a light sprinkling of good cane sugar
however on the odd occasion we do american style pancakes ites butter and a very light drizze of real maple syrup, or i made realy yummy boysen berry and mulberry syrups that we ran out of just before i had surgery....
since surgery i once again dont do american pancakes, too dense, crepes sit well still though so its back to lemon and a little sugar (i LOVE anyhting lemon flavored lol) or a tiny bit of nutella :)

i realy prefer crepes to pancakes (but we call crepes pancakes in the uk lol)

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
We :love the nourishing traditions berry syrup recipes. I need to start a new batch tonight, as blueberry season is almost here :drool

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I prefer the real maple syrup, but as you said, it's expensive, so I'll confess that I normally use the fake stuff. But, once that's gone, I'm not planning on buying more. I have a bunch of maple sugar. So, I'll use that, adding just enough water to make it into syrup, and only making enough for my pancakes. Hubby doesn't eat them, my DS moved out, and my DD is rarely home when I'm eating, so I don't have to worry about anyone else. :D

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
pinkfox said:
well being british our version of pancakes is actually closer to the french crepe, favorites for crepes is either nutella or simply lemon juce and a light sprinkling of good cane sugar

i realy prefer crepes to pancakes (but we call crepes pancakes in the uk lol)
Us too... (my parents are from Wales, but I was born in Canada)... we make really really thin pancakes/crepes sprinkled with sugar and drizzled with fresh squeezed orange juice. I LOVE them that way.

If we make the big thick pancakes I eat them with lots of butter and some of that 'pancake syrup' or real maple syrup... and sometimes honey. I really don't like the thick pancakes all that much though, too much dough. The berry syrups sound fantastic... I've never had any, but now I'm going to see about making some.