Patch of Heaven Farm ~My journey to become more SS~

PatchofHeavenFarm

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Oh man I need coffee this morning! Today is day four of no sodas and I haven't had coffee in several days so I am going to get me a big cup this morning. Today could potentially be a great day. :fl

I watched KONY2012 last night and it was very moving. http://kony2012.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/ If anyone else is interested in watching..my heart goes out to the children

Well coffee is done so I better get myself motivated to go to work..thank goodness it is just beyond my front yard! :lol:

Compost bin..
bed #2 filled
seeds started
bunnies fed
pony started under saddle
mare started under saddle
check on cruelty call
maybe buy a horse?? All for me!? no more sharing? :fl

and try not to injure any co-workers today..........

yep that is my list!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
OK, why do you have not hurt any coworkers on your list? And, what kind of a horse were you looking at? I don't blame you for wanting your own horse. When I lost my first horse, and B4 I had Misty saddle trained, I had several people tell me I could ride their horse (or large pony). But, it's just not the same.

PatchofHeavenFarm

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
:p Because my co-workers drive me crazy some days! I bought a Qh/paint mare due to foal next month. :D

I have an off the track Thoroughbred but I want something to team pen on and do some competitive trail riding etc. But I just looked up my TB pedigree and he has lines to Man O War and Secretariat's grand dad is his sires 3rd great grand dad.. thought that was pretty cool. :D He had an injury in his last race so I only do light trail riding and lessons for beginners on him. He won several races though so I think he deserves some R&R. The grey mare is mine also but is a bit on the small side. Will get a pic of the new mare tomorrow.

Got a ton of seeds planted today and hopefully tomorrow I will get some potting soil to fill bed #2!! I worked Dalila and she did fabulous today!! :D

Been a busy day! Bunnies are due to be fed so I better go feed them and drag myself to bed... :)

419772_405808629435744_100000198300191_1845495_387322989_n.jpg

Killpen mare...60 days ago she was a day away from slaughter and now she is working well under saddle and will be shown in April by my 16 yr old B-I-L. Such a sweet girl.

428209_405808412769099_100000198300191_1845493_648969861_n.jpg

bunnies!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
:love Baby bunnies are so cute. Several years ago, DH was rototilling the garden and found 1. There was no sign of a nest, and no other babies. It didn't even have it's eyes opened. I raised it and kept it until it started to get a bit wild, then let it go.

PatchofHeavenFarm

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I plan on doing the same with these Deb if they make it.. they have some trama because of the dog bringing them up.. Thanks hqueen!

Yesterday I didn't get much accomplished but grocery shopping and barn chores..

This morning we all slept late but now we are getting our tackle together and going fishing!! :woot Fishing is one of my favorite things! Hopefully the rain will hold off..

Later I am going to have B-I-L and Gabe fill in my beds with potting soil and compost..

Hopefully I will be able to plant some things but the weather is suppose to be nasty all week... :barnie

Here is a pic of my new mare ~Apache~
416947_407204022629538_100000198300191_1850471_1623935636_n.jpg

Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday!!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
She is very pretty!!! Have fun fishing! I used to fish but dh doesn't care for it as much so I haven't been in years. I'll have to find out where to go around here. How much a fishing license is here?

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Nice looking! It's kind of hard to tell since it looks like it was getting dark when you took the pic, but is she a buckskin?

PatchofHeavenFarm

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Thanks! I love her already! Can't wait to see what her foal will look like.. I think lic are about 10 bucks but I could be wrong.. got mine last year so I can't remember. Deb she is a very light red dun..she has a lot of white hairs mixed in because of the paint..

Only caught one bass so I threw it back... :(

So tired! This time change is so hard to get accustomed to. :th
Work in the morning..
Really really want a green house but Dh is being stubborn..
everytime I read Wannabe's journal I drool over her mom cave.. lol :drool

Well tomorrow's plans are kinda up in the air right now depending on the weather. Hopefully I will get some things done!
Going to look for a small green house plan I may be able to build cheap! :caf

Have a great night everyone!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
She sounds pretty. Of course, now I'm wanting to sing Strawberry Roan. :lol: