Patch Of Heaven's Journal ***new pics pg 7***

Patch of Heaven Farm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:) Thanks everyone!

Amos wrote
Can I visit!?

EDIT: The picture with the white EE or Ameracauna.. is the tree by change an lemon..?
The tree is called a yupon (sp) and grows wild here,especially on the fence rows. :/

You can visit anytime. :)

Quail_Antwerp
Beautiful pics!! Thanks for sharing them with us..

Things are starting to green up here, but now they are predicting snow for us this week.

I love the picture of Dusty!
He is a sweet heart! He loves gummy worms. :p He has been enjoying the sunny days after all the rain. Hope the snow is not too bad and is gone soon.

keljonma When we lived in Texas, many homes were awash with different colored azaelas - just beautiful!
I love them!! We have a few different colors but I would love to add some more. :)

Patch of Heaven Farm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:ep The strangest thing happened today! I was sitting outside relaxing and watching the chickens when out of the corner of my eye I seen what I thought was a large roo in the field. When I turned around and looked it was a beautiful white/brown turkey!!!!!!!

Sadly the dogs barked and scared her off before I could get a picture!! :rant But I have heard her all day so maybe I will see her again. :)

Someone on BYC said seeing a turkey meant good luck according to Indian beliefs. Well about 2 hours later I get a phone call about a tiller that I desperatley need but can not afford.

The lady had heard I was looking for one and had one she could no longer use due to a injury to her arm. It is a 1 1/2 years old and is the same exact model that I wanted and she wants less than 1/2 the orig. price!! She only ran it for her garden in the spring and once in the fall. She said she did have it maintenanced and has all the logs and paperwork on it!! I am soooo excited!! We will be getting it next week! :ya :ya :ya :ya :weee

Finally I will have a Troybilt tiller like I have wanted for so long!!! :D

Was it the turkey that brought me good luck? :hu But I will take it. :p

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Congratulations on the "new" tiller!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!! :ya

chickylou

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I love the pictures of your creatures.

I'd call it a blessing from the Lord God! :) Just this past month I thought about how I wanted to do a garden and I had no roto tiller. We don't even have a truck to rent one. Then a neighbor popped by one day and had rented one and asked if we wanted to use the balance of his rental time. That what such a provision. Totally unexpected! But needed.

So what are you going to plant?

Patch of Heaven Farm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:love Yes! It is a blessing from above!! I will be planting squash,tomatos,eggplant,zuchinni,cukes,peppers,corn,beans,peas,pumpkins,watermelons and some gourds. Whew! Probaly some more but thats all I can think of for now.

I already have lettuce,spinach,cabbage,brussel sprouts,carrots,snow peas and potatoes up. :weee

Patch of Heaven Farm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:fl :fl :fl My first incubated egg is almost zipped!!!! :ya :ya I am soo excited!!! :weee :weee

Patch of Heaven Farm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:ya :ya :celebrate The chick is all the way out and is now sleeping!! We have been watching it for hours now. :) The kids have been enjoying it!! Sadly house work has been neglected today. :p But oh well we can always do that later. Not everyday you can watch a chick work so hard to hatch or as my 5 yo says the chick is cracking. :gig :pop