Pecan cracker

Maschil

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Lemme see if that's okay with everyone else and I will let you know sometime this coming week. I'm thinking...IF I recall correctly, the 75 pound UPS box was 35 to ship, so I'll say roughly $235 for 50 pounds. We usually get them from Alabama, and I'm not sure what they cost the last few times because I was broke and didn't get any :p I'll let you know for SURE by next Friday...gotta call/catch my aunts and mom to see if and how many they want.
K. let me know... that price is flexible as well... its my first time selling so i just looked at what other folks were selling them for...online..

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Yeah, just talked to mom, my uncle gets them for $3 a pound, and goes and picks them up. He resells them for $3.50 a pound to cover his expenses for the trip, so I can get them cheaper if he is planning on making that trip this year. I'll still have to see, but for now it's looking like I will be going with them. I didn't realize he got them THAT cheap! Still, your price trumps store prices by a mile. I got some from Sam's last time I was there and about choked on the price, but we eat a LOT of pecans around here so I sucked it up and got them anyway since we were out. DD can sit and shell and eat a pound at a time IF I let her and heaven forbid that child get a hold of a bag of shelled ones :/ I have to bury them in the back of the freezer to keep her out of them now :lol:

I hope you can sell a LOAD of them, that's pretty good money if you can sell that many! :)

Maschil

Power Conserver
Reaction score
HAHA!! lol ok let me know... im hoping i can use these pecans to finance some things we need around the house... and my future farming business...

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
With THAT many, I'm sure you could finance some things with the sales! If you find a good sheller you can make a good bit during the holidays selling them shelled by the pound. Pecans sell like crazy during the holidays..which is why i was looking for some ;)

Maschil

Power Conserver
Reaction score
i
Wannabefree said:
With THAT many, I'm sure you could finance some things with the sales! If you find a good sheller you can make a good bit during the holidays selling them shelled by the pound. Pecans sell like crazy during the holidays..which is why i was looking for some ;)
yes hopefully.. i may get that sheller from ebay that i listed on the first page... i just hope it last more than a year.! lol

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I have always just cracked pecans with my hands, but with that many, I agree you need a GREAT sheller. I saw one on Ebay not long back that looked like it would last a lifetime....let me see if they are still selling those. They were supposed to be able to do hickory nuts too, which is why I was looking, those things are harder than black walnuts to crack!!!

Maschil

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
The Duke is the one I was looking at. It's manual, but looks very user friendly. This one comes with a roller to pick up the nuts from the ground. That'd be a back saver! And WOW at the price difference!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Duke-Pecan-...?pt=Kitchen_Tools_Gadgets&hash=item564cb8559e
LOL... i just gave in and bought the other one on ebay... have an order of 5 lbs cracked... so i got to get busy!! lol... its so fun though guys... my time is split up between planting, cooking, canning, dehydrating......hopefully i make a good husband someday. lol

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Cool! Glad you got one, and have an order :woot I'm sure you'll make a good husband someday :)

k15n1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
There are automated nut-cracking machines. I'd post a youbtube video but it's blocked at my new job. Instead, use the Google Machine.