People living SS all around us, once you notice.....

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Yeah...I love carbs. They don't love me. Every once in a while I fall off the wagon. With in 2 days my blood pressure it through the roof, I am bloated and I feel horrible. Then I just have a steak or a sugar-free peanut butter/chocolate mousse with dark chocolate pieces and sugar-free whipped cream and I feel all better :D
question, when ya'll low carb, do you eat all the veggies, meat, cheese & eggs you want?

I lost 50+ pounds on weightwatchers, but I ate lots of carbs. Now, about 2 years later, 30 of it is back. It was really hard. I can't decide if I should go back on WW or try the low carb thing. I'm still buying all my meat (come on spring) so my gro. bill will go up.

I know there are a gazillion websites on low carb, but what do ya'll do?

-Angela

Edited, cause I realized I should prolly just start a new thread. This really has nothing to do with people around us being more SS. Sorry to hijack. :(

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
Yes and I also heard the soil in the First garden is contaminated!
Yeah, lots of lead in the soil in that area. They trucked in safe soil for the whitehouse garden.

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We live in the country about 20 miles out of town, and believe it or not we are the only family around that grows a garden and grows our own meat, and we only have a lilttle over 2 acres I think it is just terrible that these people are not taking advantage of their land,they just let it sit barren. Geeze my sister who is a townie, has a garden and is more SS than the land owners around here. Our neighbor kind of think we are weird,but I think we are smart.

Iceblink

Maa Maa Mama
Reaction score
You know, I used to live in Central Coastal CA, in a very wealthy area, on a military base.... and had chickens and a garden. People went, 'Oh, that's cool" when I told them.

Now I live in the midwest, smack dab in the middle of farming country, and when people hear that I have a garden and chickens, they always ask 'Where do you live that you can have chickens? Is that even allowed around here? Why would you work so hard when you can buy eggs and veggies at the store?"

So, if it is an area thing, it is in my area too. :rolleyes:

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Near us we have BOTH scenarios.

Some folks live on 5 to 10 acres with a big fancy house and almost every summer day you see them mow mow mow... because it must look like a golf course. Some don't even have a dog or flowers around the house.

Other folks live in older "farm communities" that have regulated themselves completely OUT of the animals. I know folks that live 40 minutes from the nearest city ... some even out in the County... that were talking to me at a local trade day swap. They were AMAZED that chickens are legal for me but they can't have any chickens or other "livestock" at all. My one uncle lived on 15 acres and was regulated to "no more than 2 dogs, 2 cats and or 2 pet rabbits". It is plain stupid. Yet when you talk to these people they are so brow beat they just accept it as their fate! Ugh! :barnie