Picked sweet corn

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I have no idea how to prepare it, but it's the smutted corn that they eat. It's really just a funky mold.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lovely helpers ya got there. :) That is some nice corn. Ever cut it off the cob and put up cream corn?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lovely helpers ya got there. :) That is some nice corn. Ever cut it off the cob and put up cream corn?

We've never done creamed corn but we have cut it off the cob and canned it. It seems to loose some of it's sweetness when canned. We definitely prefer freezing husk on. After it's defrosted a little the silk comes right off quickly with running under water.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
She just loves chickens expecially the baby ones. I've been teaching her how to take care of them also.

Did you notice those black boots she wearing? She calls them her "chicky boots" I bought the smallest pair I could find and they are still way to big... My wife bought her pink ones that fit her but she won't wear them because their not black like Paw Paw's Chicky Boots. Grand kids are the best!!!

Shhhh... Don't tell... but in November she's getting 6 of my buff orpengton hens, a rooster, chicken yard and a coop for her third birthday. It's ok - I've already ok'd it with her Mom and Dad :)
Awwww! What a little cutie! :love And what a wonderful present for her birthday! She is going to enjoy having her own little flock so much..

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Shhhh... Don't tell... but in November she's getting 6 of my buff orpengton hens, a rooster, chicken yard and a coop for her third birthday. It's ok - I've already ok'd it with her Mom and Dad :)
Now that's a b'day gift she'll remember for a lifetime! What a great PawPaw!

Latest posts