Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I was thinking too, that you could just sew the fabric into a pocket/sleeve for a piece of wide elastic, then stretch it and sew it much like you would make a waste band so that when released it had gathers. Then you could even make little fabric flowers to sew onto the finished band at the seam where you connected the two ends.

Sort of like the back band of these but make the scrunchie looking piece for the whole headband....sort of like a very large scrunchie.

e8f7118e449e2383172bc8615ec7bcbb.jpg

And I really like the looks of this one, with the patchwork look.....

images

I love, love, love those little skirts, MMD!!! So easy, so simple and so sweet on a little girl. I'd probably incorporate tiny side slits so they could squat and move easier when they play. I bet you could make some mighty cute little pinafores or aprons for little girls out of pillow cases as well.

I may have to look for ideas for that for my two so they have little aprons they can put on in the playhouse. Aliza has one already I found at GW but it's adjustable and hard for her to put on by herself.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
That's so very cute!!!! Too bad they don't have enough material in them to make a wrap skirt, huh? Those would be cute too.

KeeperAtTheHomestead

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
These are lovely!! ❤️ You have a good eye! Inspiration for me to start sewing pillow case skirts again!