Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
That's so very cute!!!! Too bad they don't have enough material in them to make a wrap skirt, huh? Those would be cute too.

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So I've been working on these skirts, then starting finding other "material" for sale at the thrift stores. A little girls dress is over $3, but a 4'x8' lined curtain panel with very pretty green stripes was only $1, with enough material to make multiple skirts and little girls dresses. Scarves of all colors and widths and lengths and material all for $ .50 each. Pillow cases of all colors and designs and materials (some even embroidered) for $ .50 each. And another thrift store had adult skirts for $1 each, so i bought several for the material, (and the elastic and buttons) and made two or more skirts for the kids with the material.
Since I've started doing this, I've made several skirts for each of my grandkids, and for the little girl at church, and starting tomorrow, we're beginning a ladies sewing group at church to send skirts to some of the missionary families and to little girls at an orphanage in the Philippines.
Here are a few of the skirts done. Ill post the headbands when i get some made. I have to go pick up more elastic.
20181003_140114.jpg
20181003_135451.jpg
20181004_104125.jpg
20181002_173806.jpg

I really appreciate everyone's input. These have been easy and very very affordable. It's become fun and is now becoming beneficial for others.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You are making SO, SO many happy with this project!! Great job :clap I love them. the little girl who get them will be wearing huge smiles to offset the fun colors & designs.