Pink eye?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
And, I have no idea where I could have picked it up. I know at least one of my kids had it when they were young, but I never got it. For those that aren't Christians, this might sound strange, but I've been trying to read and study my Bible more, as well as spend more time in prayer. I can just barely see, and reading hurts. Last week, I was sick. This week it's pink eye. I can't help but be reminded of Job all all that Satan did to try and get him to curse God. I'm looking at this as just one more test. But, I feel guilty. If I had realized yesterday morning what this was, I would have stayed home. I just hope I don't get any one else sick.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
If you had known, we all understand you would not have gone out, or at least would have been more diligent if you did.

I got it once on a business trip. Someone at the session I was attending didn't know he had it, and passed it to about everyone when we were shaking hands doing introductions on the first morning. What an interesting week it was.

Crap happens, don't worry about it. Give your parents a call as a heads up. Don't feel guilty.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
And, I have no idea where I could have picked it up. I know at least one of my kids had it when they were young, but I never got it. For those that aren't Christians, this might sound strange, but I've been trying to read and study my Bible more, as well as spend more time in prayer. I can just barely see, and reading hurts. Last week, I was sick. This week it's pink eye. I can't help but be reminded of Job all all that Satan did to try and get him to curse God. I'm looking at this as just one more test. But, I feel guilty. If I had realized yesterday morning what this was, I would have stayed home. I just hope I don't get any one else sick.
I know exactly what you mean...I used to get so sleepy every time I attended church or read my Bible. When I realized what was happening, I prayed that God would bind Satan in this matter and I've not had that problem since! :)

Denim Deb

Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
If you had known, we all understand you would not have gone out, or at least would have been more diligent if you did.

I got it once on a business trip. Someone at the session I was attending didn't know he had it, and passed it to about everyone when we were shaking hands doing introductions on the first morning. What an interesting week it was.

Crap happens, don't worry about it. Give your parents a call as a heads up. Don't feel guilty.
As well as both churches, and my brother. He was the one that suggested I might have pink eye. I never even thought of it until he said it. :(

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Well, I found out where I got it from. There was a family that the kids got it. They weren't there yesterday. The incubation period is 8-10 days or so, that's all I can think of.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Well, for the most part, it's cleared up. My eyes are just a little bit pink. They're still sensitive to light, so I'm staying indoors as much as possible. I used neosporin in my eyes, and w/in just a few hours, the discharge had stopped. I'm out of neosporin and since my left eye still hurts, I'm trying a remedy I found on-line. Boil water, then use 1 teaspoon of raw honey to 1/3 cup of water. Let cool, then use as an eye wash. I have it cooling right now. If it wasn't for a bit of redness to my eyes, the pain and a bit of itching, I wouldn't even know I had it! I did horrify some people on another web site when I said I was using neosporin. But, I never had a doctor call me. It was either that or go to the ER. And, I couldn't see going to the ER. I don't know if I had called my old DR if he would have talked to me or not. I stopped going there for 2 reasons:

1. He wasn't covered by our insurance.

2. The practice has grown. On the few occasions I did need a DR, I was constantly getting stuck w/one I didn't like. I felt like he patronized me and I don't handle that well.

Mattemma

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I used warm compresses that had been dipped in eyebright and goldenseal tea water.Washed the eye area good with a dipped washcloth.Then put a clean compress on for a bit.Even just did eye drops of the tea. Cleared things up for me. I think however my dd was allergic to eyebright,so she was given an OTC med.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I don't have any of that stuff in the house, so I had to make do w/what I had. :( I wasn't about to go anyplace where I could have accidentally infected other people. Plus, w/as sensitive as my eyes have been to light, I didn't want to go any place I didn't have to. :/

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Glad you're feeling better!!
I hope the honey water mixture works. I guess the only real caveat to that is to make sure the honey is GOOD quality honey. A lot of the store bought stuff contains high fructose corn syrup and less actual honey, and I'm not sure it would actually help. The raw honey I get from the farm that we order from I would feel perfectly comfortable putting in my eye in a wash like that though.
I'm going to have to remember that!