Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I think most of us here would have.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thats good to know at least...
the cops at the time said they see this all the time, usually they dont get found in time...

but shes being spoilt rotten here, all the yummy food she can eat, a warm bed and a teribly horribly mean momma who wont let her outside.

speaking of tomorrow is the earliest she could have kittens...
so im not taking guesses on when and how many were expecting lol.
the winner gets a virtual cookie!

i personally think she will "pop" on friday and have 4 kittens, 2 girls 2 boys...

in other news, wednesday is my 6 month post op apointment...
im nervous and excited all at the same time and today i was bored...
so i attacked my closet...well i dont realy have a closet, more a bunch of drawers lol, and bagged up everythign that doesnt fit anymore, i goodwilled 2 bags at around the 3 month point...and now ive got another 2 bags to go.
one of my friends is comming on wednesday to take a look and see if theres anything she wants/that will fit her.
i still have a couple of things to go through that are not in the draws and currenlty hung in the hall closet...

it feels good to try on a piar of jeans that fit 3 months ago and now falls to the ground...or to try on a peice of clothing that didnt fit before and now does!
its also bitter sweet, ive bagged alot of clothes that i LOVED but they simply dont fit (and no amount of tailoring will get them fitted right) theres at least 3 pairs of new jeans, and some of the tops still have the tags on...

im now left with, 3 pairs of pants, 3 winter and 2 spring/fall sweaters, 3 long sleaved t's, 4 "chill aroudn the house" t's, and 4 summery tops. 2 dresses, some gym clothing and some underware.

ill be hitting goodwill next week to see if i can get my hands on a couple cheap pairs of jeans.

tomorrow ive got to go through the stuff in the hanign closet, and ill get started on my garb boxes too...
my garb boxes worry me the most, i knwo a couple here do sca and ren events, so they know how expensive putting together a good base faire wardrobe can be.

ive got 3 bodices im fairly certain shoudl still fit, i bought them on the small side.
my chemises and skirts should be fine...
but im most worried about my "fancy set" a casta diva satin corset and matching skirts...
though i think ive got a LITTLE leeway on that one yet, it wont last forever.

my regular clothes im giving away...
but the garb, if theres anything that doesnt fit it will be going up for sale so i can afford to replace it with a few good versitle peices.

otherwise, nothing special to report.

gym this morning, 7 miles on the bike in 30 mins on a level 7, blood draw for my 6 month check up this afternoon...

oh...

HAPPY PI DAY!!!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh my goodness....
i sit here thinking how hard it is to belive that 6 months ago i was 318lbs and heading into surgery...

today im 214...

ive lost 104lbs in 6 months, and today i go to see my dietician and my dr for my 6 month check up *prays that b vit levels are ok, i hate b12 shots...*

but i just cannot belive it all...

when i started this journey i was a size 24-26 jeans, and xx-xxl in tops...
today i am an 16-18 in jeans (depending on cut) and a lg in tops!

ive gone from being barely able to walk 5 minutes, to walking 5 miles, not even being able to sit on a bike to peddling 6 miles a day 3 days a week...
being unwillign to consider being seen in a bathing suit to attending 2 water aroebics classes a week...
being unable to sleep a ful night due to sever sleep apena...
to giving back the cpap and being declared officially apnea free!!!
from being controled by the chocolate cake, to being able to have a few bites and then send it on its way (yes cake is allowed in very small amounts lol)

im thinking about spoiling myself af my 100lbs lost 6 month reward this week (as i just got paid for a small job i did) with a spa day...ive only ever been to the spa once and theres a couple of treatments our local spa does that id love to give a try (and i need a waxing session now im spending so much time in a bathing suit lol, i cant shave often enough because i get terrible razor burn no matter what i do...)

but ill see, dad said he was goign to throw me a party for my 6 month/100lb lost, but i might ask him for a gift certificate to the spa instead.

then again if things go well via email on this house in tn im looking at, my reward may be an early trip to tn...in which case ill be asking for a couple of nights in a motel lol. im SOOOO not camping in march! springs comming but its not neer close enugh for me to consider sleeping in a tent just yet...im not a cold weather camper lol.

oh well, im just rambling today...

still no poppage from tempi, but shes definatly much lazier than usual and shes not as obsessed with the door...and shes become much more affectinat than usual over the past 2 days (shes even taking to snuggling under the blankets for a little while before bed with me...something shes never done before.
shes doing a combination of sleeping in rubies crate, which right now ruby doenst mind but i think shed be a little upset if tempi pops in there...
and using the box i set up for her, shes going in there and digging at the whelping pad a bit over the past few days so definatly thoughts of nesting in there too...

(the whelping pads are what i sue for when i breed my dogs, its a faux lambskin, highly absorbent and washes well, they can be throughly bleached too and hold heat well)

oooo and theres bulbs, in my flower beds, like alot of them, tulips and crocus realy debating popping their little flower buds up...
SPRING IS COMMING SPRING IS COMMING!.

got to go to the gym this morning, then to the store to pick up food for tempi girl and some plastic cups to make make shift planting pots for the peas and beans which are getting a little leggy and top heavy already lol.

this weekend, if the weathers right im going to see if i can get dad started on getting the chickens run enlarged so we can get the raised beds built and everyone transplanted and covered with hoop protection before they decide they are too big for the sprouting trays and start dying on me...

oh busy busy busy!

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
dang...I really missed a lot in your journal!

You have an amazing family! And congratulations on all the progress you've made thus far.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
still no poppage, im thinking shes gonna hold out as long as possible...i thought only goats held on to cause drama lol.
but shes eating well so im not complaining.

got started on some garden stuff today, we have a long narrow garden and at one end we have additioanl parking, at the other the shed, chicken coop and run, and pool beyond the fence capped off by a giant sand dune.

over on the coop end we had out fire pit and seating area, so today i moved the wood hoop and chairs, need an extra set of hands to move the pit, need to clear out the stuff thats collected in the area and then we can start working on restructuring the chickens run, and putting in the raised beds (were doing 4 4'x8' beds in square foot method if we can get the run done asap...)

oh and that house i was looking at..not gonna happen, the owner will only finance with 20% down and 10% interest over 5 years, works out at alot more than i can afford.
and hes not willing to budge on price...
the house also definatly needs foundation repair, and hasnt been live in in 5 years...(so lord knows what else might have happend to it in 5 yrs of no upkeep...
oh well, that one wasnt meant to be.
ill keep looking.

im going to meet with my bank next week and see what they say...im with wachovia (which is now wells fargo) and been with them for 10 years so we'll see if they can give me any good pointers to move this along quicker (and if not at least ill know exactly what i need to do next spring to qualify. lol.

in good news tough weather is beautiful, windows are open, and some stuff i ordered form amazon arrived today including the new charge cable for my mp3 player! WOOT!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well got up early this morning as had plenty to do today...
fed everyone...
kitty ate like a piggy...so i figured, ok so i doubt itll be today...
(most animals of course go off their food before giving birth...)

so go out with mum, hit walmart, and tractor supply (its about 45 mins away)
and got home at about 2:30...
brought my stuff inside, my box o goodies (seeds dried fruits and nuts) had arrived for jack jack so i brought that in and put it all together mixed it up well ect...
i need to pick up a lb of dried chilli peppers for him to mix in...
but right now it consists of:
mixed nuts (in shell) (almonds, walnuts, hazelnut ect)
in shell pumpkin seeds
in Shell sunflower
shell peanuts
yellow corn
unsweetend bananna chips
unsweetend diced dried papaya
unsweetend diced dried pineapple
no salt sesame sticks
soy nuts
wasabi peas
goji berries
there was supposed to be dried chilli peppers and rose hips too but they were out...:( no big deal i can find the chillis elsewhere.

all in all a box with 12lbs of various stuff came which when all mixed up made 12 lbs of yummy parrot trail mix.
all for about 1/4 of the price it would cost for the same volume of pre-mixed parrot trail mix from the bird store which was mostly made of safflower seeds that jack jack wont touch.
i still need to find somewhere to buy untreated safflower for the linnies, but not having to pick it all out of his food every day lol.

so anyway...got it all mixed and then thought...hmm no mewing at the door?
look over and SUPRISE!!!
and defying kitty law too...

not only did she have #1 in the middle of the day, BUT she also had #1 IN the box that i had actually set up for her rather than attempignt o have them every place but the spot i picked...

ill get pictures once im certain shes all done and everyones resting comfortbly...
but, shes being a very good momma, by the time i found #1 cord had been severed nicely (not too close) kitten was almost completly dry and suckling nicely!
she let me pick it up check it over, and was purring like a demon, and i gave her some luvins which she seemed to apreciate with lots of head butts and purrs.
i didnt want to mess with #1 too much as shes obviously not yet done (felt at least one more in there) and i didnt want to spook her into deciding to have the others somewhere else.

its a cute little black kitten

one of my mums co-workers and her bf wanted a black kitten, and said if she had a black one, they want it...they are great people, wonderfull vet references and own their home so no worries about rental issues...
so lets keep those fingers crossed that the rest of the delivering goes nice and smoothly.

i was supposed to be going to my friends tonight, but ive told her im staying home given the circumstances, a first time mommy who at about a yr old is still a kitten herself and this could last a few more hours, id rather be here if needed (and not be needed) than not be home and be needed.

im assuming #1 was born right around 2:30pm ish.

so yeah...pictures later!

EDIT TO ADD:
#2 born at 3:30pm!!
another little black kitten :D whatch this be a solid black litter lol.
#3 born at 4pm, TORTIE

because kitten #3 is a tortie...
assuming litter didnt have 2 fathers...
#1 and #2 are male and the father is the big fluffy red and white tabby i saw hanging around.
(because of red tabby genetics all kittens born will be black, blue, tortie or blue tortie, and all solids will be male and all torties will be female, assuming no blue in mamma or pappa, im not expecting any blue or blue tabby.)

were 1hr 15mins since #3 and all is quiet but her belly is still kinda taught so im not sure its over just yet lol shes feeding them and is not in any discomfort so im also not worried.

im a grammy!!!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i know right.
i have an apt on monday with wells fargo to see if they have any pograms to help me get a motgage early based on cedit, they seem like they think they can help me....
if i can get a mortgage approval ill be keeping the tortie!