Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I want to take a nap too. Or at least get to bed early.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well today i realized ive had internet for 6 months (which means ive livedher a little more than 6 months...how do i know...my 6 month introductry rate has gone up by $10 this billing cycle. its still cheaper than ATT wanted, and much better thn trying to wrestle with dial up...but owwies lol
got another 6 months at this rate then it goes up again. thats right around the time ill probably be looking into cutting off cable, this past week tv has been ridiculously blah, nothing on, i only watch it for a few hours in the evening, and now im just watching reruns of how i met your mother and big bang theory..great shows, but its the same episodes over and over.
Being human is done for this season, as is walking dead, so other than lostgirl theres nothing realy on. and im paying $40 for that privledge with it jumping up another $20 after the yearsup. so yeah. i know itll cost me to cut that off early, but if its cheaper than paying for junk for a whole nother year..itll go bye bye...internet i cant cut, its my only real tie to the "outside" but TV, i dont "need" and can catch my usual shows online im sure.

once my ATT contract is up for the cellphone thats also going byebye, theres a program for low income, gives you 250 mins a month local and long distance and its dirt cheap...i use about 100 mins a month and pay for 450 so im just not seeing the point, thats another $40 i DONT need to be spending...
Going tocut back my car insurance if i can when that 6 monts is ue in august i belive, i let them bump up some of the coverage and it bumped the payment up an extra $12 a month...with the milage i drive...just ot worth it so ill hopefuly be loweinrg that at the end of summer.

NEED to get more money comming in one way or another...
Theres always "just one more thing" to spend it on and when i look around, ive got not much to show for it. had extra money from the buns this month...that whent on milk for the goaty girls and who knwos what else...either way...its gone already...
i swear money is like water, the tighter you try to hold onto it the quicker it all squirts out.

either today or tomorrow i HAVE to head up to jackson as i need chick starter, beween the ducks and the 2 goslings, the first 50lbs is gone. gonna do 1 more bag of starter then move them all onto a layer pellet...but there goes more money.
if i go tomorrow its the rabies clinics so i can get Dozer his rabies shot...but there goes another $10 ontop of everything.
I HATE money...lol.

and i know why this month is so tight too...i was late on last months electric bill, so this month im paying out $100 for electric rather than the usual $50...that extra $50 makes a big difference.
My own fault too...budgeting issues are always fun.

Oh well as of monday the girls get cut back to 1 bottle a day, thatll save me some milk money, and next month i wont have the "oops" on my bill paymnts, and hopefully i can sell blueberries last baby and all of rowans kits.
Will be breeding Bluebell back to Bigwig this weekend (kits are 5 weeks old) which should mean babies end of may for her. Rowan will get rebred mid may, so mid june babies for her, and blackberry "comes of age" end of may so hopefully late june babies for her.
the minis all come of age in at the end of April too so im hoping LOTS of healthy june bunny babies
Heat will then decide the breeding schedual, going to be giving the girls "time off" during july and august so im not fighting heat stroke.
going to buy and hook up a nest box for the linnies so hopefully theyll give me some babies too soon.

need to buy up and paint some plant pots and gourds and things and see if i can get them selling...
im thinking i also dont NEED 2 kidneys, wonder how much one of those will fetch lol.

anywho.
should realy stop thinking so much and finnish up around here, Jack jack wants his lunch, need to scoop the brooder for the goslings and give them some fresh shavings...there not quite as stinky as the duckies...but man ill be needing a proper waterfowl brooder thats NOT in the house if im going to be raising babies lol...the gossies are also getting BIG...like im pretty sure thyve trippled in size in a week lol. im going to start taking them outside this weekend too so they cna spend a few hours in the grass as long as the sun is out. im sure that will help :p

Avalon1984

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
How nice to hear about your money saving ideas. I too am thinking of cutting cable. For one month of cable I can get 1 season DVD collection of my favorite show- without the commercials, and I can watch it when I want.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
I hear ya on the money issues... *sigh* We FINALLY got ourselves organized with a spending sheet and OUCH does it hurt to look at that... :-/ But of course if we don't look at it, then we can't figure out where to cut expenses.
We've both gotten caught up in the "but we need this right now" issue, and that is never a good thing.
Fun times....

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
agreed, for me its a case of theres so much i want to do that im trying to get it all done as quickly as possible and not leaving myself much in terms of wiggle room each month.
im sooo impatient lol.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
hahaha, that about describes us too!
Its so much easier to focus on the things in front of you and not the long term goals.... which is what we REALLY need to focus on if we ever want to get OUT of here and move on to bigger and better things!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I am feeling the crunch myself, though things are easing up around here at the moment. I hate money too. I hate NEEDing it. :p

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I'm wanting to sit down w/hubby so we can go over out bills, but either I'm too beat, or one of us gets home to late. I'm working on cutting bills back as much as possible. We've pretty much stopped going out to eat, and he's cut way back on his drinking. I've cut way back on my chocolate. After my operation, I was eating too much of it-and put on 10 lbs! :th If it's in the house, I'll eat it. So, I buy it and leave it at the farm. I'll either eat a candy bar there, or bring one home w/me. It's saving me money, plus I've started to lose the weight.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yeah the way my current budget runs i have $50 per month after bills, food and gas allowances come out to do things i "need" with. it doesnt go very far lol.

in other news its suddenly gone rather grey in the sky...

and i think im going to make a batch of pizza dough and some cookies
my groun beef i took out for dinner stuffs is not yet defroste...and its 4pm think thats enough time to make pizza dough let it rise and prep it for nommies for dinner tonight :D (and of course ill have alot more batches to go in the frige.
got cheese, got sauce, defrost a few breakfast sausage pattiescrumble them up and miz with some yummy goo stuffs and we might have a winning dinner.
yup...i think so.

tomorrow its into jackson for dozers rabies, duck/goose food, dozer socilization at petsmart time and mabe a poke around lowes garden center clearance racks (i check every time, because over the past few yesrs ive found occasionally lowes sells ANYTHING off its clearance racks for $1 but they ont avertise, they ont mark it its jus tluck of the draw)
and while im on the topic of gardens, my fornt bed is loking goo, need to weed and mulch and theres a little space left for some bits...and aparently i have wil evening primrose taking over my firepit area. hoping i can gather the sees as they mature as they are BEAUTIFUL! theyre just growing wild in a rather inconvenient place.

so yeah, off to make some pizza oguh and cookies!