Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well dad LOVES "HIS" new geese LOL.
told them there his when he pays me for them lol.

and im tired so i think its time to startthe bedtime routein.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Those photos turned out so nice!!!!! Adorable little babies!!!!! Glad your bunnies are selling so well!!!!!!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh me too lol. they need to pay themselves off, once im back in the balck with them (cost of building hutches) ill quite happily start figuring for some meat production but i need them to at least break even and support themselves right now.
like everything else, cost of set up is always the hardest part. feeding isnt too bad as long as the clover keeps growing lol.

the deposit came through this morning on the 2 buns (they ended up paying in full so YAY!) so im definatly down to 1 left form bluebel and bigwig, the little broken castor buck whome ive nicknamed freckles. hes cute but hes smutty on the face so not show quality, but pet/breeder quality and super cute all the same.
got to get some new pics of them a little later, and pics of Rowans litter. hoping thy go just as quickly. definatly got 1 interested in a black otter doe, so *fingers crossed*
Any that dotn get pre-paids will be going to the W.TN poultry club meet May 12th, theyd only be a little over 5 weeks but at the rate these buns are growing/developing im not too worried about 3-4 days here or there. but im hoping to get them all pre-paid.

I need to buy a nesting box for lokie and cricket my linnies, they need to start earning their keep with some linnie babies, no breeding behaviour yet but im hoping if i give them a box theyll get active lol.

May im planning on buying some cattle pannels to start tractoring Lilly and Poppy around the place and get some fo this brush under control, so between that and the kitchen floor ill be broken again for the month of may, but i AM making progress and getting some of the brush under control is going to be a big part of starting to clear this place up...after all that is why i rushed into getting the goats.
Im currently thinking 4 cattle pannels to make a 16x16ft pen should work, theyll only be out there when im home as it will only be cliped together and strengthend in with some step in t-post to secure it a little, but i figure thats safer than tethering them to truck tires given the probelms (even if they are only occasional) with the neighbors dog.

So WBF, probably second week of May, if you think we can do a couple (2-4) pannels...id love to enlist your services.
I also need to find or build a good sized house for Dandelion and Burdock, itll be a few weeks before they can go outside full time but hoping to have their house set up too.

yeah. anywho, time for luncht, then to go plant these raspberry twigs (they dont look like there going to do anything but i gave them a good soak overnight (bone dry) and its supposed to be on off showers for the next few days so hoping that combined with a metric butload of bunny poop will give them the get up and go they need.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
As far as I know I have an open calendar for May :p Might wanna check back closer to time though...you know how my life goes :/

Next meet is May 12th? You should join their Yahoo group. I joined a year or so ago, but haven't been to a meet yet. Maybe if I can swing it we could go together the 12th if you wanna? I'm sure DD would like to go poke around one of the meets. I guess we'll see how the scheduling is going around that time whether we go or not. Hoping it'll be slower than this month even though crops will be coming in then :p

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yeah aparently 2nd saturday of the month for the jackson TSC meet/sale. wasnt so much of a "hang out" as much as a little sale going on , but people were chatting and such. and we didnt get there untill lunch time so a few folks had already left.
Im on the group on facebook, didnt know they had a yahoo group too, should go join that :D and yes absolutly we could ride up togehter...dont even know if ill have any buns left to sell at that point, but i think even just going up and saying hi each month is probably a good thing, one of those "keep in good with the niehgbors" type deals, never know when theyll have soemthing your looking for (or know of someone ooking for what youve got lol.

I realy want to go to first mondays in may too i belive its the weekend of the 5th/6th for may.

Well got the raspberries in the ground...now we just have to wait and hope...i pretty much planted them in a pile of rabbit poop and compost rather than the dry clay, there was some clay in there though so they should have a nice hole to start out with, without getting shocked when they get to the "native" dirt.

Got baby bunny pictures too...
belive it or not, rowans 10 day old litter is already starting to open their eyes...14 days im used to...10 days though seems early to me...super babbits! lol.
cant yet be sure if they actually are REW or if they are going to end up himmis, they all have slightly darker noses.
Im going to have to remove their nest box soon because the are also REALY active and constantly geting out of it lol. so going to fill her box with shavings and move the nesting material onto the floor tomorrow when i do clean out, i removed all her shavings because shes a "dirty" bun (refuses to use the litterbox consistently, shes the only one that does this too) so the only way to keep her house clean was to remove all the shavings except those in the box, she pees in the box, but poops everywhere but at least i can just sweep the poop up.
but with them crawling around now and becomming quite mobile im worried there going to climbout, not be able to get back in and were going to have a chilly evening and poof half the litter gone so yeah, avoiding that if possible.

the goosey babies are doing fine...quite demanding, especially since they WANT my attention as opposed to the runners who would panic when i entered the room lol. i LOVE them, but im trying not to go in there every few minutes ot play with them...they need to know there geese and im human so i dont have to deal with OVERLY bold geese whenthere mature. (handling too much can make them way too bold and even agressive with their humans)

and yeah. baby bunny pictures will come a little later, got to upload and resize first...got to update the website with the updated pictures too...

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well the wind and rain last night was a little wacky but my veggies enjoyed the shower, ittle bit of rain does the world good :)
its greay and overcast and a tad damp today, but thats ok.

Got the bunny hutches cleaned this morning so thats done at least.

today i need to find the best price and location to pick up hay and straw which means a few phone calls to see whos got the best prices (and whos got it in stock). i need a bottle brush too the one i had was essentially a sponge on a stick and well now its just a stick lol.

but yeah, not too much to go on today, just a few little bits and me being pretty lazy otherwise :D

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
found out the icecream place in jackson is giving out free fro-yo tomorrow so kinda thinking about holding off on my going out untill then and take dozer with me mabe to keep me out of trouble (aka the store i shoudlnt be spending money in right now!)

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
ok, decided no trip to town for me today...
this morning has been nutz. got up this morning go about my usual buisness and then realize, the goats sound REALY loud this morning...
go out and theres poppy stood by the back fence screaming...one of the planks on one of the pallets must have been loose and slightly rotted as theyd (or soemthing) had managed to break the board leaving a gap JUST big enough that poppy had squeezed out...lilly hadnt followed her (thank goodness or who knows where they be now) but that meant take poppy back to the pen (whichi had bottles so she was more than happy to follow me) lock them out of the pallet house and then break out the tools and some scrap wood. managed to block off the spot she got out and checked all the other boards which seem secure to me... got them set with food, water, fresh mineral and soda and some privet to nom on.

Found out a mouse has chewed through the bottom of the goat feed bag, yay...so got that to clean up later and need to invest in something mouseproof to keep feed bags in., this mouse in the laundry room issue also means i NEED to get shelving put in there get things off the floor and instal the cat door so tempi and willow can "do their thing"
i need to pull al the small stuff out anyway so i can ge tthe stand for the washer and dryer built, get the washing machine hoked up and get some laundry done. need to have dad help me instal a new dryer vent when he gets here (because the current location is useless with my layout) i dont realy "need" the dryer now though (ill hoefpully only be usiing it during the winter and even then limited as i dont want to see my electric bill jump again) but still i do need to getin there sorted so the cats have acess in there and i have more usable space in there too with the liked of some shelving.

And i steped in dog poop...and not MY dogs poop...*grumbles*

took care of the bunnies which is thankfully always a relitivly easy task
ive come to the conclusion rowan isnt realy agressive overall...shes just REALY enthusiastic about her food LOL! when i take the bowl in the morning to fill it shell give me a thup and even a charge, a scratch and a nip if she things she can get away with it...but once i put a full food bowl infrotn of her...allagression is gone again lol, she stood there eating while i checked all the babies no issues...shes odd.
Looks like the little ruby eyes white babes might actually be himilayan marked instead...they have little grey noses.
their eyes are starting to open too.

snuggled with some of the buns for a while. Bluebell is a serious mush bunny, whenever i open her hutch she comes running over and pushes her head under my hand and sprawla outas i pet her and if i stop she gives me a nudge, she LOVES her nose and top of her head to be rubbed.
bigwig is equally mushy but hes not as snuggly about it, he wants his head rubs and hell tell you about it too lol...all the buns except hazel and rowan are prety sweet, but bluebell is just...shes so special.

almost fell while carrying the ducks water too...

yup, all this before 10am!

so given the kind of morning ive had ive come to the conclusion it would be better if i didnt leave the house.
add to that that dozer needs his rabies shot and there having a rabies clinic in jackson on saturday ($9 for the rabies) so im just going to go up on saturday and screw it...ill BUY myself an icecream, ive been good this month!
so today instead im thinking im going to make some pizza dough (im pretty sure i cant kill myself making dough) do some dishes and just spend my day doing very little

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I'm procrastinating doing much today. It's rainy and dreary, and I'm SLEEPY :lol: I love off days like this though, so I get a chance to relax :p

Sounds like maybe you should stay in today ;) I hope it gets better :)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I doubt very much that they would have gone anywhere even if they had both gotten out. Ask me how I know. :lol: :hide