Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
ugh.
the slow leak i got fixd in my tire that turned out to be a nail...well i seem to have another one...*grumbles* same tire i watched the guy repair it and it was fine for months and now its started letting out air a little at a time. think im goingto have to start thinking about a "new" tire for that wheel too now *ugh*
was going to go have a nice day of hanging with WBF today but the gas guage is running low, i HAVE to go out tomorrow and money running tight right nowso thats off untill closer to the end of the week i think.

did have a nice day hanging out with L yesterday though, sat outside chattedall afternoon, had dinner and spent a couple hours watchign the first season of torchwood (shes never seen dr who or torchwood...ive now fixed that as she planed to go home and find all the episodes of torchwood she could. next...dr who. lol. ill get her all caught up in greek-dom eventually lol.

since im not going anywhere today i think im goingto make the most of the sunshine a little later, go cut some more privet, put fresh straw and hay into the goat house and putter around te property a little. make the most of the big ball of fire in the sky and the temps low enough to do stuf outsie without sweating to death lol.
then this evening ill finnish the rest of torchwood season 1 lol.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Tire troubles suck sissy :( :hugs I hope you get to come out later in the week! I am busy the first half of the week anyway. We can hang out in the greenhouse and chat, grill something tasty, and just kick back a bit :D I am looking forward to it!!! Hanging with these guys all the time has got me missing my girlfriends BAD!!! :lol: No boys allowed in our greenhouse though ;)

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
managed to limp to the tire place found the hole, but there was nothing in it (must have lost the culprit whihc is why my slow leak turned into a why is my tire flat) so that got a patch job...then my fule guage blinked on...lol. so wont be doing much running round this next week or so...

trying to get things figured and sorted.
going to try and sell on the parrotlet pair. as cute as they are their noisy and i realy dont think i want to be tied down to hand feeding baby birds, especially when im going to be tied to feeding and milking goats come spring heaven willing ect...
so ive got the add up for them and the bird stuff.
if i get what im asking for them im going to be looking into using some of that money to buy jack jack a new in the house cage so his big one can become his summer cage
and whatever is left then will go into either the gravel for the driveway or into the garden. id realy like to get the gravel issue sorted.

speaking of...frineds need gravel for thier driveway so haveoffered ot buy a ful load and then sell me the 10 ton i need and i can pay them as i can afford it...this is AWESOME...however its a 12 mile trip from their house to mine, neither of us own a truck, and i need a minimum of 4 ton ASAP just to do the small area thats desperate...they were talking about hauling 1 load at a time to my house "as needed" but they only have a little crossover themselves, the gravel guy is willing to dump 10 at mine then the rest at theirs for an extra $50, so thats an option (id still owe them the $160 for my 10 ton but it would be here for me to do as i can rather than 1 car at a time lol) he doesnt want to realy thinks we can handle it...but im just thinking about the gas milage, even borrowing a frines f150 (which according to everything ive read would haul about 1/2 ton at a time, 1 ton TOPS) were still looking at about $85-$95 in gas..wouldnt be so bad if i just needed 1/2 a ton now nd 1/2 a ton in 6 mnhts...but i NEED 4 ton ASAP...the rest i could do bag at a time...
so i think im going to see if i can srcounge the extra $50 to have the 2nd drop off point...
ive got to all another local gravelplace first though and see what their price for the same stuff plus deliver is...and well go from there.

Im not crazy for not wanting to haul 1/2 a ton of gravel at atime 12 miles one way...am i?

ive GOT to order some more straw for my garden, going to get in 10 bales this month...
and ive got to get more dirt for filling up pots an buckets and get some 5 gal buckets. going to try and do most of my tomatoes and peppers in buckets and baskets
lettuce and squash will go in the strawbales...
lest thats the thought. gotta get out next week and start some seeds hence needing dirt. just got to rememebr this year i need to keep the garden relitivly small for cost sake,

and while were on the seed issue i also need to call and price crass seed at co-op...so much to do. so much that costs money...
i need ot hit a gold vein or something while messing about outsie...that would be lovely lol

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well gravel issue has found a better alterntive. local place is willing to do the same as online guy with SPLIT delivery including tax for the same price as online guy just wanted 1 delivery...
works out the same price for me overall, BUT no hauling, theyll deliver my load to me, and thier load to them and i can work on it as i can work on it.

i also called co-op and got some grass seed prices, now ive got some desicions to make.
the orchard grass i realy want is $1.68 per lb
the clover is $3.99 per lb
and the creeping red is $1.40 per lb

since the fescue has potentil "issues" i only wnt to use that in the back yard...which is bout 1/4 an acre so oly need about 5lbs

the orchard grass and clover will be going in the acre...
technically seeding for clover is 10lbs per acre
and seeding for orchard grass is 20lbs per acre so $42 for a 25lb of orchrd grass (cause i might as well get the extra 5lbs and use it to seed the ctual orchard too)
but im thinking i could do 1/2 rate for the clover since itll just bemixed in with the orchard grass so if i do 5lbs and just mix it good and propper... at about $20.
so to reseed my backyard, the orchard and the new front pasture im looking at $67 +tax about $74 all said nd done.

I should acutlly be able to afford that + 10 bales straw and another 40Quart of potting mix at the end of the month IF im carefull and dont go spending any unnessicary money now.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
im trying lol

rain again today, the 3 remaidingguineas have been behaving and going to bed each evening when i call them with supper, they are currenty hanging out on the back deck yelling about the rain...
the goats are sulking...
ducks and geese seem quite happy though LOL!

by the end of today i SHOULD have the christmas money destined to start my orchard In my paypal, which means by monday i should be able to order some fruit trees! *VERY EXCITED*
was going to pick up thegrass seed toda but figure i shoudl ely ait until im absolutly sure the other money has cleared so thats going to be next week too.

and then ive got untill march before i can go direct seeding or moving anything outside so im hopign to get a load of straw bales mid february whihc should give me the required 2 weeks to feed and "cook" hem before planting.
things are slowly and gently kinda sorta comming together.

due to the rain today is going to be a general sit around and be lazy and work on some crafts kinda day...got an apointment later and will need to put a couple gallons of gas in the car too while im out, but otherwise still trying to refrain from any spending untill next week and then itll be "farm stuff" only.

so yeah everyone stay dry warm and safe today :D

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Staying dry...because I'm staying in :lol: May get a few sprinkles going out to the greenhouse in a bit though. I am sick of funky dreary weather already this year.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
not much going on around here...hence the quiet lol.
had frines over this weekend but it left me exhusted, i just could not sleep...
arranging the plan for the orchard as we speak (christmas money came through) the place that im hoping to order from has some realy good AND some REALY bad reveiws, so im kinda leery now...but you cant beat their prices, i can get almost double the order from them as i can from another reccomended place.
the local nurseries "cannot" (according to them) get the verieties ive been looking for...because aparently a "honey crisp apple is just a Brand you see in the store, its not an actual apple tree" *WHA?!* yeah...ive called a bunch of places and got similar reponces as well as "we just cant find them" or "my supplier cant get them for me" ect so ordering online is the way to go. gonna do some more fishing around see if i cn fin anywhere with in between prices and mroe positive than negative reveiws...
though many of the negative reveiws were "trees came in december and were just twigs" (you know caus sooo many deciduous trees shipped dormant have nice green leavesonthem in december...but yeah...)

got a healthinsurance rep gomming this moring to go over some potential ew additions to the pln...already made itvery clear that y budget doesnt allow for NY additioanl costs so unless its free i wont be having any of it...but we'll see. id be realy happy to be ableto get a dental check up once a year and an eye exam...even if it only covers the exam and mabe a cleaning or something least id be able to get some preventative going instead of like now waiting getting an issue (cracked tooth on one thats already been filled and ha a root canal) and then hving to pretty much ignore it cause well...im poor.

so we'll se what he has to say.
weather is being iffy, saying t-storms/rain today but i may still try to get up to the park with dozer this afternoon...
and i need to get some seeds started in the greenhouse too.
carrots, cabbage, caulie, lettuce...and im going to start some early maters too i think, just a couple of drawrf type since i wont have to worry about them outgrowing the greenhouse lol.

and yeah, thats about all i got right now.