Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
not yet, but as far as i know she didnt get out on her last heat and no intact male cats in the house.
if she did get out, noones owning up to it...

shes not showing her normal signs of heat either...

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I've seen cats that knead when they're coming into heat. Then of course you have some cats that just like to knead. I have one that does, so it's a matter of keeping her claws cut short.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Both my cats are due for nail trimming :)

My older cat is good about it because I've been trimming her since she was 3 months old. The other one I've only had a half year and I have to tackle her and it's very traumatic LOL. She has no clue what I'm doing or why and it's just very annoying and she scowls at me for hours.

I'm very pro-spaying of kitties. If you cannot afford it, a lot of places (in Denver at least) help cover the cost.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Tempi in general is a very loving kitty, she is a kneeder, and a licker and a love biter (and she drools...yeah shes special) i think shes just got cabin fever, its been so cold lately she doesnt stay out long...but she WANTS to be outside so i wouldnt be suprised if its just her brain melting from all the snow :p

i do spay/neuter non breeding animals but i like to wait untill they are physically mature when possible, ive seen too many problems resulting from pediatric spay/neuter from working in vets offices, ive got her booked for spay in march she should be about a year old then (i dont know her birthdate as i found her tied up with fishingline, tied into a bag up to her neck and tossed in a trashcan when she was somwhere between 6-8 weeks old so i only have a general idea of her birthdate)

i am lucky with her, as like with most cats, she is VERY obvious about her heat cycle, lol. i dont let her out when shes in heat, but unfortunatly i also live with my parents and siblings, so im a little worried that someone let her out one day while in heat...

shes eating an extra 1/2 a can of food a day and doesnt look any wider, and the vet didnt feel anything on palipitation so my fingers are crossed for no baby kitties...but im also well prepared if she is, it wouldnt be ideal, but we can handle it.

im very lucky to have a very good vet who not only deals but supports all my quirkyness when it comes to my critters :)

ugh, trimming nails...i simply CANT trim tempis nails, even as a baby shes been incredibly angry about having her feet touched, given the situation i found her in, its not realy suprising...i can usually manage to get 1 or 2 clipped, but its the only time i cannot handle her, she doesnt scruff towels dont help, she turns feral when it comes to feet.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
My cats are getting cabin fever. They're indoor cats but for about 6 weeks in the winter, the sunlight doesn't come directly in our window of the apartment.

This means no sunbaths.

We're all suffering. LOL. I want sunbaths TOO!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well the bad news...my battery is officially dead. ridiculous considering i only bought/had it fitted in oct of 2010...
couldnt do it myself because the only way to get to the battery in the sebring is to actually remove the tire. (who the hell designed THAT)
in GOOD news, thankfully i have a 36mth full replacment warentee, and my dad has both a charger and a portable jump.
we hooked her up to the charger, hoping to get enough in overnight that she'll get going in the morning...but im going to put the portable in the garage just in case.

and tomorrow morning im off to sears to redeem my warentee...
thats 2 hours in the mall, i HATE the mall...we dont even have a book store to go hide in.
oh well, hopefully it wont be busy tomorrow so it might go faster.

otherwise very slow lazy day. we had a small flurry but then had some snow melt this afternoon...
everytime i see a little puddle trickling away its one more sign spring is comming.

oh well, gotta figure out dinner, think its family night tonight...
i think im going to get my 4oz of bison out of the freezer tonight for tomorrow but have NO idea what im doing with it...ive never had bison before...thoughts?

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
see that what i was thinking too...i havent had a burger since surgery because normal ground beef is too greasy...
but i know bison is a much leaner meat...hmm...good idea!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
pinkfox said:
see that what i was thinking too...i havent had a burger since surgery because normal ground beef is too greasy...
but i know bison is a much leaner meat...hmm...good idea!
They had em at the farm store one night and they were great

(Yeah I know Im homely :D )

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
WARM WEATHER IS HERE TODAY! Aren't you excited! I am for sure! I hope the majority of the snow melts, but some of these piles are so high I'm sure it'll be April before they go away.

Sorry to hear about your battery! I've had minor issues with mine (it's only 2 years old) but that was on the colder days. Since I have to run mine just about every day to get to/from work it really doesn't sit around too much.

modern_pioneer - I love that pic of the army guys standing on the squirrell! It's hilarious!

Pink Fox - have you ever tried venison burgers? They're definitely not as greasy as regular hamburgers and, to me, much much tastier. We like mixing chunks of cheese and stuff in with the burger so it all cooks together.....mmmmm...now I'm hungry. Good thing we have venision steaks mariniating in the fridge for dinner tonight....venison steaks with grilled asparagus, potatoes, carrots...mmmmm