1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official SS Poll: What do you do to eliminate bills / cut down expenses?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Plants that keep bugs away - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. SS Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

Discussion in 'Member's "Self Sufficient Living" Journals' started by pinkfox, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Feb 15, 2011
    pinkfox

pinkfox Super Self-Sufficient

ive never tried venison...i probably should but i dont know any hunters and they dont sell it locally in stores.

ive been trying new things lately, so i need to find a god source locally and give it a try.
    since having the bypass im pretty much relearning what works and what doesnt work food wise, i found out pretty quickly that chicken breast tends to be too dense (dark meat is fine though) and ground beef is a little too greasy (yet sausage is fine :p)

in other news...we seem to have figured out whats going on with my battery, theres a little cabin light that illuminates the back seat that USUALLY turns off when you close the door...
    well yesterday after my car got a bit of charge back in her we realized that that light was still on...
    long story short the cabin light is attached to the dash lights and theres a setting that makes the light stay on perminently and either myself, or my dad must have caught it getting in and out when we were trying to get her out of the ice mountain...

turning that to the correct setting again seems to have fixed the problem. she has been fine today...YAY!

but just to prove how much batteries hat my family, my sister killed her battery this afternoon LOL. got her charged back up too...batteries hate winter.

in other news however, today was BEAUTIFUL, it felt like spring!
    i was actually in such a good mood because of the beautiful weather.

i managed to get grocery shopping done, i dont go grocery shopping much, i have a tendency towards panic attacks, so i typically go once a month and then will stop by the local smaller store once a week LATE at night to get fresh fruits and milk.
    but today i actually felt ok during the majority of my trip out...YAY ME! i like good days!
    and to top it all off, stop and shop was having a sale on my favorite tea bags AND on some of the small packs of serloin!
    and when i got back home i realized i had some stuff in my fridge that was past its best so tomorrow the chickens are getting a morning feast :)

yay spring like weather! WOOOO!
    walmart even had some of their seed packets out...i like when the garden centers start stocking up :p

2. Feb 15, 2011
    glenolam

glenolam Lovin' The Homestead

It was a nice day yesterday! I think everyone enjoyed breathing in some warmer fresh air.

Hope your Tuesday is just as nice!

3. Feb 15, 2011
    pinkfox

today is a "mean day" i got up, looked outside and the suns shining the skys blue and i think ooooo another day like yesterday...then i let the dogs out...*brrrrr* who turned to cold wind on?!

but i did get up this morning, me and my brother whent to the gym...i need to get "back on the wagon" so to speak

my usual routein is to do 1/2 hour on the bike and try to get 5 miles in in that 30 mins on a level 7-8 reistance and a "hill" program...
    my goal is to get to the 14mph zone...
    today i managed to do 5 1/2 miles! WOOT.

then we did chest and shoulders to the point of fatigue. my arms are going to ache tomorrow lol.

it felt good to get back in the gym! im not an excersize nut in any way shape or form...
    but i can honestly say since surgery and loosing some of the weight i find excersize much more enjoyable now and it gives me a little high for the rest of the day.

im planning on taking a zumba class in the spring too (i go to the ymca so classes are included :D)
    and once it warms up just a bit more im going to start swimming again...if the bathingsuit i bought last fall fits though, i did buy 2 sizes smaller and thats where i am in pants right now so *fingers crossed*

so far ive lost 93lbs in a little over 5 months, got another 70 or so to go to reach my ultimate goal!

chickens got a feast of english muffins, greens and fruit this morning, it was funny, they were all inside hiding from the wind but as soon as they heard the gate they all came running talking up a storm (we have 13 hens) they were soooo excited with their feast!

even got some fishtank maintence done on the pond fish winter tank because if i dont do it noone does...(there not even my fish)

all in all, a rather productive morning.

the plan for this afternoon is to be lazy and later have a long HOT bath!

4. Feb 15, 2011
    colowyo0809

colowyo0809 Lovin' The Homestead

:welcome It's great having you here! I just read through all five pages of your journal! I don't blame you on the store/mall thing. I hate the mall as well! I thought agoraphobia was a fear of angora sheep? :D (kidding :hide ) I tend to go to the grocery store late in the evening/night when there are less people around just because they piss me off. Glad your battery is ok though!
    and again, :welcome :)

5. Feb 15, 2011
    pinkfox

lol, how could anyone be afraid of angora sheep?! there sooooo cute and fluffy! :p

yay im not the only one who wants an underground house!!!
    people think im weird, constantly telling me that "normal" people dont live in "caves" and you "NEED" windows ect...

my responce is typically...
    since when did anyone say i was "normal" LMOA!

6. Feb 15, 2011
    colowyo0809

My response is generally why can't I have windows? and who said anything about a cave? :smack to the "normals" :D

I want two levels, with bedrooms and bathrooms and kitchen and living areas and family rooms and offices and etc :) just cause it's under dirt don't mean it can't be a house :D I also want a living rooftop, with a garden and everything! I want to look out my south facing windows and look at the mountains, and reach out my kitchen window and pull in a tomato, or whatever. *sigh* why isn't tomorrow today?

7. Feb 15, 2011
    pinkfox

ugh, i know the feeling, i want to move NOW, i want to buy my place NOW...not next year..stupid mortgage people wanting 12 months of rental history...you know how much it sucks having to pay your parents with a check...lol.

its like i worked realy hard to pay off and close my high interest credit card acount and pay off my medical credit card and pay off my active credit card...
    i only got my own car in october of last year and i paid in full for it and my utilities are incluced in my rent...and i dont own a cellphone...

you know all those extra bills that mean my monthly money is smaller so i dont want them in my life actually HURTS my chances of getting a mortgage! how stupid is that...youd think, no additional bills, all cards up to date and wonderfull, blemish free credit would be enough...
    *rolls eyes*

i keep telling myself it gives me this year to take cuttings and collect seeds of all my plants that i will want to take with me when i move, and more time to loose this last 70lbs and get my muscles healthier...and such...
    but still...

ill feel a little more relaxed when i can see my flower beds and thigns start budding and blooming, but ive got a feeling this is going to be the longest year in the history of the human race! :p

8. Feb 15, 2011
    colowyo0809

You too? OMG if I manage to last through this year I don't know what I'll do! Somehow in addition to everything regular I'll also have to start buying fencing and materials for the goats, cause damnit by april of next year we will have goats! I'm thinking we'll convert the current coop to the shelter for the goats though :D that'll make it a bit easier!

9. Feb 15, 2011
    Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Yard Farmer

Oh I don't know. I met one once that was quite friendly but not well cared for. I guess I was more afraid for it than of it. The lady kept pushing me to buy it when I had no shelter, fencing or other goats. I hope it made it.

10. Feb 16, 2011
    pinkfox

just a realy quick update before i head off to the gym...

im officially 5 months since my gastric bypass and todays weigh in puts me at 97lbs LOST!
    i cant even begin to explain how amazing it feels...
    ive still got a LONG way to go yet, another 61lbs to my "big goal" (at which point ill re-evaluate and see if i need to go smaller than that...)

oh well off i go to 'feel the burn'